Babylonian Sucession Game - Join & Play or Just Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylonian Sucession Game - Join & Play or Just Read

Here's another attempt by me to start a new succession game. I think I'll let 4-6 people play, but absolutely no more than 8.

We'll play the Babylonians.

When you sign up, tell me your preference for:
    World Size
    Total Number of Civs
    Barbarian Level
    Land Mass & Water Coverage
    Climate
    Game Level

gasp gurgle.... religious civ FINALLY

alright

standard world size
    probably 10 civ's
    2nd barbarian level "or higher"
    like probably large land mass little water...

medium climate
    5 million

medium temperature

monarch or higher
    Death will come one way or other, its only a matter of when i choose it.

Comment

Why not?

Default settings.

Monarch or higher? Monarch would be fine, I suppose. Turning the game into a bitter uphill battle might make it less fun, at least for pitiful "Regent" sissies like me.

Comment

just read ...I'm busy enough running the story contest and in the civver succession game...

ps: are succession games becoming a fad or something...everyone seems to be starting one! (on the other hand the civver one will end soon and i'm not sure about the french one, it might be near the end too)

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten999
          pitiful "Regent" sissies
          No such thing, regent is the best level to play at if you don't want it to be too hard IMHO.

Comment

Good, we've got three people. It looks like we're going to play on Monarch.

Originally posted by civman2000
            ps: are succession games becoming a fad or something...everyone seems to be starting one! (on the other hand the civver one will end soon and i'm not sure about the french one, it might be near the end too)
            [brag] Of course everyone is starting one. I created the original Civ3 Sucession Game! (See my sig?) [/brag]

Comment

succession games have been big since civ 2 :/

they are just more important in civ 3 since there isnt any multiplayer and doubt there will be any for another 4 months atliest

Comment

I say that we go ahead and get started, if everyone is ready.

But it's still not too late to join! However, if you join after we start, you will (obviously) not be able to give your prefrences for game settings.

Comment

Sure, I'm ready.

I'd expect the slots to fill as we get something going and the other games wind down.

Should our goal be cultural victory? We've got the best civ. for it.

Comment

i hope we dont get more then 8 people...

6 is a good number :/

Comment

OK, we'll start.

The order of play is:
                      1. Jonny
                      2. Journier
                      3. Rotten999

The settings are going to be what Journier said, but only 8 civs. I don't know how to get more than 8 on a standard map.

A couple of important things:
                      • You get 20 turns per round!
                      • When you're done with your turn, post it here! It must be in .zip format or it won't fit!
                      • You must have 1.17 and a zip/unzip program!

I'll post my turn ASAP!

Comment

Hammurabi stood on the bank of the river, in front of his people. After years of a nomadic life, he decided it was time to settle down.

"My People," he announced, "this is where we shall settle."

And in that year, 4000 BC, the city of Babylon was built. It was on a river - Now named The River of Babel - and on a coast. It was surrounded by grasslands, with jungles - with gems - a little while away. A unit of Babylon workers started improving the land around Babylon. (I put him on automatic.)

Babylon's people began banding together a warrior unit and scientists began working on a Warrior Code. (I increased the science rate to 90% here.)

Everything was good.

In 3750, the 1st Warrior unit was built, and sent to explore.

Life was still good.

In 3500, the 2nd Warrior unit was built, and was assigned to protect Babylon. Babylon begins working on a settler.

Life, of course, still happy. The warrior was still exploring and finding more jungle, but finding some gems too!

In 3000, the settler was built. The scientists discovered Warrior code, and began work on Masonry.

Oh, BTW, I think I forgot to assign Babylon a new build order. We should probably build a Spearman.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have one requests on behalf of the people following this thread. Like a lot of SG's out there the problem, for people who are trying to follow the game and not play, is that we have no idea of what the map looks like or what is going on. We don't want to have to download the zip file and in my case have to take it home and look at it, we want to see the map at the end of your turn paste at the end of your post. It will be much easier to follow for readers otherwise I find it very hard to folow a game that I can't see what is going on.

Hopefully this plea will be heard.

Comment

ill play turn either tonight or... tommorow evening

Comment

Originally posted by dnassman
                              I have one requests on behalf of the people following this thread. Like a lot of SG's out there the problem, for people who are trying to follow the game and not play, is that we have no idea of what the map looks like or what is going on. We don't want to have to download the zip file and in my case have to take it home and look at it, we want to see the map at the end of your turn paste at the end of your post. It will be much easier to follow for readers otherwise I find it very hard to folow a game that I can't see what is going on.

Hopefully this plea will be heard.
                              I can do that.

Here's our starting continent (what we've explored of it):
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X