Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Stories Forum! (Info for new users and contest rules)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it should be recommended that they be civ related, but I bet there are a ton of potentially great stories that would be written if they relaxed on this rule. I mean you could argue almost any story to have some sort of connection to civ anyway. Like your history class story, though I haven'y read it Im sure you could say something along the lines of 'its about a boy in a history class where he is learning about civilization' or something like that.
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Actually, I recommended the rule change, if I wanted to I could post my story that came in third in a writing contest and got me $400, but it is through the perspective of a drunk dog. The history class story was basically just a quotation of everything that was said in a 5 minute period of my history class.
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

A drunk dog? Thats original for sure.

Kman

That was a luagh out loud, but not quite the good laugh Im looking for. Perhaps you could whip up a good one. Id appreciate it. May even vote for you in the contest . I'm going to go lookup these old stories of yours.
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

response to question:
          You can write non-civ stories (though it has to be someone related or might be considered just spam or stuff that should be in OT) but the civ-related rule is for the contest because it is th official civ stories contest, not the official anything stories contest

Comment

Ah, welcome back civman
            -
            actaully the stories wouldn't belong in the OT, but the Stories/Diplo forum
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i'm a new member of the forum, but not new to civ 3, and i am a seasoned veteran of civ 2. i have written before, and what i want to know is can a story be about a fictional game of civ 3, or do u actually have to play it? cos i'd really like to write one about a "perfect" scenario in the civ 3 environment, that i have never actually played. can i do this?

feedback grateful

MIK
              "Laughter is the best medicine.........unless of course you're diabetic, then I suppose insulin comes pretty high up on the list."

Comment

it can be a story on a game you've played, a game you wish you'd played, a combination of games, or whatever. I think as long as it has something to do with Civ, it's allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by MIK_IZ_WAK
                  i'm a new member of the forum, but not new to civ 3, and i am a seasoned veteran of civ 2. i have written before, and what i want to know is can a story be about a fictional game of civ 3, or do u actually have to play it? cos i'd really like to write one about a "perfect" scenario in the civ 3 environment, that i have never actually played. can i do this?

feedback grateful

MIK
                  Yeah, Believe me when I tell you that it only has to be argueably related to civ... The story I've been writing is pretty much some historical/science fiction that was inspired by the civilization game concept. Its my masterpiece...

Kman

Comment

what i want to know is can a story be about a fictional game of civ 3, or do u actually have to play it?
                    Certainly not. I've never played a game of Civ III and I received 2nd in a story contest writing about a game that never happened
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

ok cheers, i'll bear that in mind and maybe i'll create a masterpiece of my own sometime soon

MIK
                      "Laughter is the best medicine.........unless of course you're diabetic, then I suppose insulin comes pretty high up on the list."

Comment

Do the stories have to be Civ 3 civilization related? Because I've got future stories (still on Earth with humans) and I've got stories about galactic civilization and such. What about those?
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The answer to that is simple: No .

Comment

Working...
                          X