Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Stories Forum! (Info for new users and contest rules)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civman, I think we should change how stories are voted on, I say All stories get 2 chances at a 1st place, because if there are a whole bunch of really good stories, and then just one wins, the other authors who spent hours on the story will have wasted their time, a better way is to give them a "second chance" nomination, where they are put back into the fray, this way cbraund could finally win one and not get shafted by upstarts like me
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

1. Wait till the end of the 4th, I have a surprise coming up.
      2. If that doesnt satisfy you, make a poll (give people at least 3 days) about it.

Comment

Rule changes

Are all rule changes done by poll?
        KoH
        "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquistive idiots."

Comment

yes.

Comment

what do I need to do to write a strory.... Like I don't really understand..... Do I just post it here or what???
            I'm Super Crazy
            My song
            I Love Nukes You hate Nukes well thats your problem because I like Nukes!!! and for no good reason I will NUKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

how long sould a story be???
              I'm Super Crazy
              My song
              I Love Nukes You hate Nukes well thats your problem because I like Nukes!!! and for no good reason I will NUKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just post it, people tend to prefer longer stories to my shorter ones, I'd love to read one of yours though Thrusters.
                First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

yep. Don't worry about the story contest and how it works, the rules are just to make sure it's fair and done the same way every time. Just post stories and have fun!

Comment

ok thanks.......
                    I'm Super Crazy
                    My song

Comment

updated to include metaliturtle's welcome message now that markg has retitled it!

Comment

SCORE

Comment

12. Every 4 contests, the top two, including more than that if there were ties, are put in a 7-day radio button "BEst of the Best" poll. The winner is then put in the two places mentioned in rule 10.
                          ENDQUOTE

Who has won the last few best of the best polls?
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

only been one..."Knights of the Black Cross" (Rotten999) won.

Comment

What is the reason for rule number 9,
                              All stories in the contest must be civ-related
                              just out of curiosity?
                              Kman
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I wrote a really funny story called "history Class" and it had nothing to do with Civ 3 in any way, but because the forum is Civ3 stories, the stories must be able to link to a civ3 game in a clear fashion.

Comment

Working...
                                X