No announcement yet.

First Story Contest Poll Nov. 12-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much taking the time to help narrow the selection down so it would be easier to conduct a poll of finalists. Might as well just have a freeform poll rating all of the stories.

Comment

Hmmm . . . . after thinking it through I believe Steve has a good point. What's the purpose of judges if everything gets in?
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatolia
        Hmmm . . . . after thinking it through I believe Steve has a good point. What's the purpose of judges if everything gets in?
        do you mean that this week we have exactly 10 new stories?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

polls fixed
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            do you mean that this week we have exactly 10 new stories?
            No, thirteen or fourteen. I should have said 'almost' everything gets in.
            Formerly known as Masuro.
            The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Of the 13-14 stories that I read and scored, there were 5-6 that were really good (scoring a 7 or better). I believe each week we will find that there will be 5-6 stories that are truly exceptional and worthy for everyone to read and polled. Anymore than that, you will 1) have more of a popularity contest and 2) less pollers because of the volume, I think. As with any contest or awards, you always have a list of nominees or finalists for everyone to vote on. That was why I reacted against going to 10 because, imho, there were not 10 exceptional stories this week or last week. Perhaps if the stories really pick up (which I doubt since the newness of Civ3 is wearing off), then maybe we can have 10 exceptional stories out of a pool of 25-30. Now before anyone reacts my perceived elitism, that's the point of being a judge. I was chosen because Anatolia admired my writing skills and plus my background afforded me many chances to write articles and to critique/edit other articles and papers as well. I think you would agree that the 5 finalists last week were the best of the best. Just my .01

Comment

I agree Steve, if there were actually 10 really good stories, they we should definately put those up to vote, but if there are only 5 or 6, then only those should go up. Also, the more stories in the poll the less chance they will all be read before someone votes and that isn't fair. Anyway, I am sure Anatolia will do whatever he thinks is best.

-quinalla
                Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Historic Bump

The First-Ever Stories Contest!

Newly dredged up from the annals of history
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It has been years since I have visited apolyton and had forgotten about this. I am very happy to see that the Civ3 Stories/Contest continued on.

It's funny, despite my intense involvement in the early days of pre-release Civ3, I had not even heard about Civ4 until just now. So much time has passed....

Comment

Hopefully we will see a bit more of you now
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                      X