First Story Contest Poll Nov. 12-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Story Contest Poll Nov. 12-18

Here are the top 5 stories for this week. Please vote for the one you think is the best.
    By the way, we still need a third judge. Anyone interested?

The stories (not in any particular order)
    1. "Veloci la France" by Velocyrix
    2. "Thank Goodness for Time Travel" by deater
    3. "By the Rivers of Babylon" by dr. charm
    4. "The Chronicles of Imhotep" by HawaiiFive-O
    5. Empire of the Rising Sun by Dom Pedro II

I'll check the number of votes after five days and then post the winner.
    Veloci la France
    2.70%
    Thank Goodness for Time Travel
    8.11%
    By the Rivers of Babylon
    13.51%
    The Chronicles of Imhotep
    72.97%
    Empire of the Rising Sun
    2.70%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by marcuspeddle; November 21, 2001, 19:47.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

First of all, I'm flattered that my story is on this list, and I also appreciate all the kind words I've received for it.

My thoughts on the third judge is, why not have the weekly winner be the third judge? I'd assume that if you win, you wouldn't be eligible for a month or so (if ever again), so why not let last week's winner help pick this week's winner?

Just an idea. Of course that doesn't help us in the first week of the contest...

Comment

There's no restriction on the number of times you can win the contest so write as many stories as you can. Your idea about having the winner judge for a week sounds okay but what if the person doesn't want to judge? Then I have to go looking around for someone else. I think I'd rather have a full-time judge. How about you?

Comment

New judge

Quinalla has volunteered to be the third judge for the contest. Thanks for helping out Quinalla!

Comment

Excellent work, FiveO. I think you would be heartened by the poll results thus far. I think each of the stories that made the final list are deserving of special praise. Please keep sending them in, they truly are providing a positive experience to this community.

Comment

The link to the 5th story goes to the 4th story - chronicles of imhotep

Comment

Here is the correct link for the 5th
              "Empire of the Rising Sun" by Dom Pedro II
              Last edited by quinalla; November 21, 2001, 16:39.
              Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Fixed Link

The 5th link in the first post has been fixed. Sorry for the error.

Comment

i really liked the chronicles of imhotep. i hope my story -a bad day-
                  can win next week...

Comment

The Chronicles of Imhotep, for sure!
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Everyone:

Thumbs up to HawaiiFive-O and his "Chronicles of Imhotep."

CYBERAmazon
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

whens next, wait, this weeks poll going to start. i will vote for fabulae romanae...

Comment

this week's poll

I'm just waiting to hear from the other judges. Hopefully that'll be today or tomorrow.

Comment

some notes:

1) given the amount of stuff posted, i'd suggest that we have 10 candidates for the next vote
                            2) since you used the feature to close the poll after X days, it would be better to wait for the poll to close automatically before announcing the winners
                            3) hold the new vote until i fix the issue with votes counting twice(sometimes in the next 18 hours)
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              some notes:

1) given the amount of stuff posted, i'd suggest that we have 10 candidates for the next vote
                              2) since you used the feature to close the poll after X days, it would be better to wait for the poll to close automatically before announcing the winners
                              3) hold the new vote until i fix the issue with votes counting twice(sometimes in the next 18 hours)
                              1) OKay, that's no problem.
                              2) I thought five days had passed by and there was a bug in the poll. I'll wait until it's definitely closed this time. Luckily, the winner won by a large margin so there's no room for debate on the winner.
                              3) I have the ten stories ready to post so please post a message when the poll is fixed.

Thanks for your support of this contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X