Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferdinand of the Artillery (Frog Stomp Diaries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really a great game. Dare I say better than Civ (if you don't count PBEM)? The strategy part of the game is very detailed with great diplomacy, family members being born and dying, leaders gaining virtues and vices, and so on. The tactical battles are also great and you can really zoom in on the fighting.
    I've been limiting myself to just half an hour or so of playing time on the weekdays (and sometimes not at all) but a couple hours a day at the weekend. For the same reasons I quit most of my Civ games. I highly recommend the game.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Wow, sounds impressive. I bought Medieval Total War ages ago, but got hooked on Civ3 before I got past the tutorials so never played it seriously. Is Rome much better than that? (I presume it's similar and an update by the same people?)
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

A million times better. Graphics, gameplay, everything. I think I'll be playing it for a long time.

Comment

BULLETIN

First of all, DO NOT PANIC! Your army and navy commanders have temporarily taken over the work of the government with the church helping with rationing and medical services. Please note that this is a TEMPORARY government and as soon as peace is made in Europe we will choose a civilian government. You have our word.
          In the meantime, your loyal armed forces commanders are busy organising our defences and opening diplomatic channels with other nations. We are pleased to announce that we are no longer at war with Austria! Soon we hope to have peace with the Ottomans and perhaps after that the Russians. Ambassadors are being sent even as we speak.
          We ask that everyone remain calm during this time and we promise to make Spain a peaceful and prosperous country as soon as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
            ...and we promise to make Spain a peaceful and prosperous country as soon as we can.
            Not if I can help it

Good luck

Comment

I wonder what General Marcos is planning to tell his people regarding the recent coup in which he assumed power

One also wonders when, if ever, the poor Spanish people will be delivered a leader worthy of their loyalty.....it would be such a shame to see those beautiful flamenco dancers tilling the fields instead of in the bars where they belong, entertaining the Russian troops who will soon be there

Comment

They have daggers in their boot heels so beware the table dance.

Comment

That's ok....they'll be taking their boots off quite quickly, I feel

Comment

This tale seems to have bitten the dust ever since Ferdinand did the same

Comment

Indeed. The story is mostly being played out in the game thread so I'm not really bothering here. And, s you said, Ferdinand is dead.

Comment

oh that is most sad indeed

and you with one of the most powerful nations in the game too

we want more
                        /me wanders off looking for a coolabah tree to crashout under
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                        X