Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferdinand of the Artillery (Frog Stomp Diaries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to have to announce to the eager readers.....but Ferdinand was killed by Russian Cossacks in the Swedish Highlands

He is now out of the clutches of that deranged Spanish madman known in his own mind as Masuro the Munificent, and serves a greater spirit.

May he rest in peace
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Ferdinand wasn't in Sweden. Last I saw he was in Spain waiting for a transfer to infantry.
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Ah, then perhaps he may find himself defending his homeland against British landings soon

Comment

We hear rumours drifting across the steppes to Russia that Ferdinand has led a bloody coup in his beloved Spain, removing the hated dictator Carlos IV.

Yet these pages remain eerily silent about Ferdinand's tales. Perhaps in his new lofty position he no longer keeps his diaries
          Last edited by Aqualung71; September 18, 2004, 01:44.

Comment

Indeed. Ferdinand has grown somewhat lazy with his rise to power and spends his time trying to create a lavish court like the Ottomans. Ah, but the people are happy and well defended.

Comment

I hear the Ottomans' court may not be lavish for too much longer

Comment

Well come on then what happens next

Most enjoyable to read so far
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Thank you for the compliment. The problem is I'm not doing anything in the game now. Just passing my turns and wondering if Russia is going to march across Europe and attack me (we are technically at war). It took him ages to get to Paris so perhaps I have nothing to worry about. (Sorry, Aqualung - couldn't resist)

Comment

well you could always start doing something in the game

what - a mission

yes lad a mission

wow - that would be cool

ok, so load up that massive army of yours and march on up to the gates of Vienna and blow them in... KaaaBOOOMMM

then start attacking as many Austrian units as you can

the goal - destroy Austria

so are yee upto it?

would definitly give you something to write about

so go on... yes you... get up off that beach, put down the wine and meat for a while, go look for your sword and uniform, you may even find a general or two hanging around your Palace...

then get your troops marching
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

But I love peace . . . . . .

Comment

I love peace but it has been broken!!!!
                        --------------------------

Ferdinand sat in the throne room listening to reports from Europe when a messenger rushed through the doors with a letter in hand.

"Comrade!! An important letter from our observers in the Ottoman Empire!"

Ferdinand received the letter and read.

"Dear Comrade Ferdinand, please brace yourself for this most shocking news. One of our spies was at a dinner with the leaders of the Austrian and Ottoman empires when the king of Austria said, 'You know, once I'm done with the Prussians and the Brits, I wouldn't mind having a go at the Spanish. I don't think those peasants and their peasant leader would be able to do a thing to defend themselves. Look at what happened in Sweden.' The two leaders then proceeded to have a good laugh at your expense. Our spy, worried about this comment, immediately send word to our spy in the Austrian capital. That spy searched through Austrian war plans and found documents signed by the Emperor of Austria authorising a pre-emptive strike on Spain. What do you advise?"

Ferdinand nearly fainted at this news. "So, Spanish blood is to again flow in the fields of Europe. So be it! Send the armies forth and crush the Austrians and all who join them!"

The three main armies of Spain set forth, destroying Austrian cavalry set to attack Montauban and marching over the Pyrenees. Ferdinand himself mounted a steed and rushed off to join his armies.

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
                          ....wondering if Russia is going to march across Europe and attack me (we are technically at war). It took him ages to get to Paris so perhaps I have nothing to worry about. (Sorry, Aqualung - couldn't resist)
                          No offence taken, my foe. You'll know my plans if and when you see my Armies at your doorstep. Meanwhile, I'll just sit back and accept the War Happiness your declaration bestowed upon me

Comment

indeed
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Why do you get War Happiness because I declared war on the Austrians? Because I declared war on someone you are already at war with? I didn't know about that . . .

Comment

No, you declared war on me a long time ago when I invaded Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                                X