Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferdinand of the Artillery (Frog Stomp Diaries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and he does have quite a sizeable force we have heard
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Dispatch from a foreign journalist:

It is a sad day for the Spanish people. Their king Ferdinand was killed while attacking the once-French city of Bordeaux and the rest of the army was thrown into confusion. Taking advantage of the Spanish misfortune, Austria then sent a large number of cavalry and infantry to ravage the Spanish forces. It now seems that it's every man for himself and the Austrians are nearing the Spanish border.
      There is no word yet on the fate of the army dealing with the Ottomans but it is likely that they will withdraw to deal with the Austrians or to keep calm in the cities.
      It is indeed a dark time for Spain as they struggle to come to terms with their leader's death and find a new head for the government.
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
        ...king Ferdinand...
        Oh, how the worm turns. So "Comrade" Ferdinand of the glorious peasant revolution of Spain has become king already!

Brings to mind that line from Orwell's Animal Farm:

"All animals are equal......but some are more equal than others"
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Oops. Caught! Ah, Orwell was a clever, clever man. Anyway, Ferdinand is dead. Where's the next 'comrade'? ^^

Comment

So who's the new leader of the desperate, militarily weak Spanish who make cowardly attacks on Russian cargo ships plying their trade routes?

Comment

oh maybe you could get one of the Ottomen to step and help you out
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

No doubt your cargo was hordes of Russian soldiers waiting to pillage the Spanish homeland.

Comment

Ships of the Line can hardly carry soldiers, Russian or otherwise I take it you didn't see any Troop Transports sink to the bottom of the ocean during your unprovoked attack, did you?

Comment

I didn't notice what kind of ships they were when I attacked. I was just hoping they were full of troops.

Comment

From History of the Spanish, by Marcus Peddle

The next few months were chaotic and troubled. The once mighty Spanish armies were pulling back from Austria and the Ottoman empire but taking losses as they retreated. Worse than these troubles was the apperance of Russian warships coming down the French coast. With no functioning government, naval commanders took charge and ordered them sunk. This is probbaly not what a responsible government would have ordered but the country was in a state of anarchy and no one could control the admirals. The army was also not idle during this chaotic period but lacked central direction. Units of cavalry and infantry ran to places where they attacks might come from and there ceased to exist anything that might be called an organised army. Still, the threat of invasion held the people together and, although a new government had not been chosen, there was no threat of civial war at that time.

Comment

Sounds like a perfect time for an invasion

Comment

Can you say, 'bait'?

Comment

Well, bait's always nice......but just make sure your hook and line is strong enough to catch the whale that you're attracting without getting eaten yourself!

Comment

haha

Comment

Have you bought Rome Total War? What's the verdict?

Comment

Working...
                                X