Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferdinand of the Artillery (Frog Stomp Diaries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, then.
    How long does War Happiness last?
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Until it stops.
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Smartass . . . . .

Comment

Well then....to answer your question a little more precisely:

War Weariness works on a points system. Points are added for things like ending your turn in AI territory, killing or being killed, having your cities razed (or captured I think), etc. There are several levels of WW, each level making a specified % of your citizens unhappy. The unhappiness only occurs in Republic and Democracy, and the threshold in Democracy is lower for certain levels, which is why Democracy WW is worse than Republic.

War Happiness occurs when you are attacked, and you are awarded -30 points of WW (or negative WW). Points are then added as noted above and as soon as you get back to 0 WW points, the War Happiness disappears. War Happiness occurs in any government.

Once peace is reached, your current WW score dissipated at 1/20th per turn, so is completely gone after 20 turns (though while at peace, the actual WW effects are not felt). If war is redeclared within the 20 turns, your WW score reactivates from its current position, which is why you can instantly go into unhappiness if you get into a war again not long after making peace the last time.

Comment

Wow. Thanks for that information. Where do you find information like that? I don't remember seeing it in the manual.

Comment

All this stuff has been posted in the past, either in the Strategy forum, or over at the Civ Fanatics site.

As for the manual.....it sucks really badly

Comment

agreed . . . . .

Comment

Ferdinand write a letter to his wife Maria, who is anxiously waiting for news in Madrid . . . . .

Dear Maria,

I have joined the army here in ------- and I have personally taken command of a cavalry unit. We joined up with a few other cavalry units and are now on our way to -------. We were attacked by Austrian cavalry as we were on our way down the mountains but we drove them off fairly easily. The march will continue as planned.
                  Last night in camp a messenger told me that the Ottomans have come to the aid of the Austrians and attacked our army near Marseilles. One of our Solado units was almost decimated but they held on and repelled the Turks. The army will have to make an unexpected stop at Marseilles to discuss things (or not) with the Ottomans before continuing on to liberate Venice.
                  I miss you exceedingly and wait for the day when I can return to your arms.

Ferdinand.

Comment

I see the Spanish Army censors have done their job admirably. Wouldn't want that letter to fall into the wrong hands now would we?

Comment

Dear Father,

Good news from the war! Messengers have informed me that our navy has sunk two Turkish frigates and a troops transport off the northern coast. I doubted the strength of our navy when I joined the army at first but they have proved themselves worthy.

We were attacked by some Austrian cavalry near -------- but we drove them off with almost no casualties. I think they were testing our strength. We are now taking shelter in a forest near the city. It is a very familiar place as the army took cover here once before. I only hope that we will fight as bravely as before. Spies tell me that Austrian infantry are leaving the city and being replaced by wounded cavalry units. Very strange. Perhaps the British are giving them lots of trouble up north.

Forgive my not saying where we are but I suspect there are Russian spies in the postal service.

Your faithful son,

Ferdinand

Comment

Urgent message to the Czar

"Your Majesty, we have intercepted a Spanish communique from their front lines. The rebel leader Ferdinand is heading a Cavalry unit that has engaged the Austrians near -------- but escaped unharmed. They have also encountered the Ottomans near --------.

Forgive the censoring Sire, but we do not wish such sensitive information to fall into the wrong hands."

Needless to say, the messenger was executed for the crime of idiocy.

Comment

ha ha ha ha

Comment

Spanish Daily Headline Story:

Spanish Daily sources say that a certain southern city belonging to the Ottomans was heavily shelled by Spanish forces in the morning but resisted attempts by the Spanish to enter the city. Spanish cavalry casualities were high and the commander of that army has decided to wait for reinforcements before attacking again.
                            On another front, the King and a unit of his horsemen heroically attacked and defeated a unit of Austrian cavalry near ------ forest.
                            In other news, an Ottoman troop transport was sunk by our forces, putting yet another thorn in the side of an Ottoman invasion.

Comment

bring it on big fella
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder why the Ottomans decided to attack Spain

Looks like they are paying for their silliness, as Ferdinand has whipped his troops into an impressive fighting force. Good effort for a so-called "peacemonger".

Comment

Working...
                                X