Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferdinand of the Artillery (Frog Stomp Diaries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 24th, 1804.

It has been a whirlwind few months rushing across Europe. We finally got to Paris only to lose it to the Ottomans. Now we are finally returning to Spain but, says the sargeant, possibly not to return to our fields and homes. He says there is strange trouble brewing amongst the allies . . . .
    In any case, the king has divided all the cities we took in France amongst the allies. Perhaps he thinks this will satisfy their desire for more land.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

good, very good. Im anxious for more.
      If I only had a brain...

Comment

Thanks. I've been getting a bit slack about it. I should make more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Nylan-Nolan
          good, very good. Im anxious for more.
          You should also try to read this in the context of the actual PBEM game (if you're not already), since Masuro is weaving some of our international diplomacy into it.

This is the thread, from where the war diplomacy gets interesting.
          Last edited by Aqualung71; September 1, 2004, 21:25.
          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

yeah some more please
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
              yeah some more please
              Yes, we need some more intel on the inner workings of the mad Spanish King's mind

Comment

If I tell you what I'm doing in this story I'll be having problems in the game. There needs to be a delay.

Comment

July 26th

I still wonder why the King gave those cities to the English, the Prussians, and the Russians. Especially the Russians. I don¡¯t think their lust for more territory will be sated with just one city. Maybe it¡¯s because they¡¯re so cold and they¡¯re looking for warmer places to live. But then why are they looking at Sweden with wolf¡¯s eyes? Strange.
                  Anyway, I¡¯m glad the king gave away those cities. I think it¡¯s our peninsular psychology. We want to feel safe and isolated behind the Pyrenees. Perhaps the king feels adrift and surrounded past the mountains.

August 5th

I¡¯ve made a decision to leave the artillery and join the infantry. Blasting away from behind the lines seems a bit cowardly now, even though I know the artillery is necessary in warfare. My unit commander has told me to wait until we¡¯re back in Spain before switching. He says I can get proper training there. I¡¯m looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
                    If I tell you what I'm doing in this story I'll be having problems in the game. There needs to be a delay.
                    I am shocked that you would think such things of your allies

we be faithful to the cause
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

The cause of imperialism?

Comment

Those serfs need to be shown what's good for them. Think of it more as gentle guidance.

Comment

Seems like Ferdinand made a very bad career choice joing the infantry, and has now been shipped off to Sweden, of all places

Comment

Possiblt he won't be happy about it. I'm waiting a bit before writing any more of the story so no plans are revealed.

Comment

Oh, so you have plans?

Sounds like a conspiracy is being hatched against the other loyal members of the Grand Alliance!

Comment

Yes. Plans to defend Sweden against aggressors.

Comment

Working...
                                X