Roman History Retold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this

got a few strange stares on the train this morning as I was chuckling while reading this

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

“Roman Emperor Trollius Augustus Crassius the great and wonderful Leader, how are you doing?” asking in a most coy almost taunting inquiry does the Comitia Tributa representative Gramphos Gaius Dios.

“Better than those who would mock Rome and do so continuously trying to test the heat and depth of the waters they so think they can easily tread upon!” is my response.

“Tread you say,” Gramphos chimes in, “Tread indeed and mockery I am now sure we have seen quite enough of indeed!” as slow murmurings from the Comitia Tributa Suprema Nocta which is defined as First Political Representative to Comitia Tributa, 2nd in command are heard voiced toward Pontifex Maximus Mingus, Senator, Head of all official gatherings.

“May it please the Emperor if I bring in a scribe from travels with news from afar?” asks Rah Ish Magoo who is the Comitia Tributa Suprema Nocta.

I motion him inward and he address a most disturbing report “Emperor, Senators and great leaders of Rome, it is with report for to be judged by the wit and wisdom of greater men than I a mere scribe of the tribe of the 35. This day we have sent diplomatic entourages and have a report of what has been deemed a mere slap in our face! A slap heard on the Mount Apolytonius as well as the great expanse from which no good comes Offorifice Topicus I am to report here and now. The northern tribes that have settled known as English have sent an answer to our demands of a tribute. The answer is a paltry 2 gold per week and worse yet The Huns to our west and a large settlement dug in and spread wide like a plague send back with a court jester the answer of 1 gold tribute every other week! Then and this beats all I am to report the Greeks refuse any sort of tribute demand” The scribe bows and motions toward Gramphos as he leaves.

“I am most distressed at the English and The Huns. Greek culture has long been a problem as scholars and teachers see no need to submit to what they deem a foreign entity” I address the gathering.

I ponder and then turn and call my military leadership to attention. I continue, “Urbanius PiosRangeronous, you and General Michael The Great will work in tandem while support and forward strikes from Apolytonius Horsius Australius create and wreak havoc along the English borders. I understand we now have a mobilized unit known as cannon and that is good for we again shall share with the world a taste of Roman delegation of ordeal.”

“I do say that I am sure you know, I entrust Marcus Giannopolis to make any decisions concerning the future of occupied England. The crusades start now and I offer herein now to my General Michael The Great the seal and scepter showing his permission to sweep down and conqueror all whom would insult Rome.”
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Good stuff Troll
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Just hope to get some more time to post..soon..soon..

Comment

England hangs Roman Courier, War is declared!

I had tried to vacation from the frivolous events that tedium fled from, but alas reality in the form of England arose yet again. I had envisioned perhaps raising larger cattle before the slaughter but now have to take action. I am advised of rumors that England and all her people take not serious the superiority of Roman Legions. I am also advised they frolic with Greece and Germany, as if yet snubbing Roman Authority.

I call Marcus Giannopolis to hear of the truth to these sorted tales. He arrives amid a spirited furor, reeking of warm English Beverage.

“Trollius Augustus Crassius, I have found that although English wenches have a certain desirable warmth, not yet have I found a man nor beast nor beverage” laughing loudly, he continues” that has heart or soul. They have troops patrolling around and few garrisoned. Especially on our borders, apparently they feel the necessity to rely on Germany and Greece for military support and intervention. I have taken liberties of meeting with Apolytonius Horsius Australius, who has dispatched his horses and also Urbanius PiosRangeronous who is sending a large and most dedicated contingent of foot soldiers to dispatch the arrogance of the English whore Elizabeth!”

“I am eager to hear of the results of the encounters, what be that may indeed have taken place?” I prompt for a response from Marcus Giannopolis.

Nucleus Masterius Aurelius stands and shares of the events as he has witnessed. “Trollius Augustus Crassius, I would offer that England has turned down all efforts at a peaceable solution. I met with an entourage which carried a message, move from our lands or suffer the death and destruction. I could not believe they ordered us to leave! That being stated clearly, it set forth a motion and what has occurred as been many deaths of both sides of troop encounters. We had some conscripts whom eagerly joined in, why our men barely recovered from one battle engaged even again, bloodied and weak, gave of themselves heartily to the last. He paused, reading from a scroll, announced the battle events: Of Queen Elizabeth’s English settlements of 13 known encampments to our northern territory, the following were utterly destroyed beyond a reasonable ability to restore, New Castle, Leeds, Canterbury and Coventry. We were however able to take over Warwick and march on London as we speak. Apparently England encountered one of our couriers in dispatch near Oxford and hanged him. Truly sad but we will overcome these unnecessary acts.”

I nod ageing of the necessary course of action. Rumors of German Military supremacy and Greek knowledge continue to flood my ears. My heart tells me Rome will not be a peaceable loving nation for long. This is the way it is. We have lost thousands in our siege of England, how many more before England is destroyed utterly from our lands?

Germany is roaming our lands, I may have to divide our forces and show all that Roman land spreads as far as we see, not as far as they say!

I will meet soon with my leaders to discuss the next course of military action, but first England will perish under my authority!

Comment

I send couriers to assemble my inner circle of entrusted leaders. I do not trust all and therefore only a select few will encamp with me at Mount Apolytonius. I have long held closely my most trusted Tactius Skilordius who is the only Wise Consul to the Emperor. Now, I have him meet me along with General Michael the Great who is General of Ground Forces Local but more importantly Entrusted with defending Rome’s Honor locally. Grand Overlord Consul Marcus Giannopolis arrives along with Nucleus Masterius Aurelius Imperium, which is Political intercessor for Foreign Affairs. Few words are uttered as all know that this secret council meeting called without certain power players present could cause many problems in the senate as well with the general peace which now flows over near Rome.

I stand and motion for this members to follow me. One by one they go through a seemingly innocent waterfall crevice. Once inside they grab torches and make way through a maze of turns and twisted paths.

We all gather deep within Mount Apolytonius, where only a select few gods that govern forums can tread from beyond. Have you not found favor with the gods of Mount Apolytonius then merely attempting entry would found thou banished for all eternity to the Netherlands beyond hope.

“I am glad you all found safe journeys, so let us get to business before spies find you missing.” I lean forward after opening with the pleasantries.

“We need to formulate plans now, England was not very smart, settling in the land we had as our possession. Soon, England’s Whore will have lain with her final bedfellow, and then we will move on the Huns and the Greeks. We must hasten plans as I have been brought forward information Germany this very hour will lay siege to our border territory. Greece will sweep down as I have also on good authority they had a good bit of dealings with England. England I say and this will bring them both upon our heads. Only we are sooner than later putting forth a plan. I have sent orders to Apolytonius Horsius Australius to divert 2/3rds of his mounted forces to our east and the Huns. I am sending ground forces southward and across the straights to encamp on Greece’s borders to prevent them laying siege to us. One surprise is my son, whom with exception of you followers here, has been secretly training. He will lead my forces against the Huns. Germany does not know him and therefore cannot predict,” As I place my arm around General Michael the Great “the greatest Military training he received. My plans, our plans my faithful, is to announce a promotion of General Michael the Great as leader of our eastern expeditionary forces. Then he will be seen moving north with his contingent toward Greece. My hope is this will cause some considerable concern, drawing out the Hun forces. When they see him near the border, he will then proceed northward. Greece will scramble forces and hopefully the Greco-Hun alliance will meet and then it will be too late. Our very own Apolytonius Horsius Australius will be assembling such a Thunderous force that all the troops assembled then pursuing General Michael the Great will be flanked and caught from the rear. My son will lead the ground assault and lay siege while forming a wedge in Germany.”

“All Hail our leader. All Hail Rome” whisper my faithful entourage.

Comment

cheers mate

is there any more or have you brought this to a conclussion
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Actually, since crash last week and getting everything reinstalled, I am finished with all previous works

I am contemplating whwther to start a new story or not since there really is not much overall interest, but I may do a new one...just wont do on a "Gigantic map" as it is great to build a world just takes to long to move troops and well, I take the criticism to heart that more action less foreplay

Ok..I may do one and will make it where the interactioon is quicker and more repetitive!

Peace

Gramps

Comment

I've been reading, just not posting.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      I've been reading, just not posting.
                      ahh a forum lurker unmasked

--------

and cheers Gramps for your efforts and stories
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                        ahh a forum lurker unmasked
                        Nahh, just this thread.

I gave up on the civ3 forum shortly after it's release, and relinquishing my modship.
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Love your Avatar Theben

Comment

Thanks. You read Foamy?

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                              Thanks. You read Foamy?
                              I cant read I just look at pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X