The Marechals of France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marechals of France

This is the tale of the 13 Marechal's of France and their mighty Emperor - as taken from the game "On the Road to Moscow I met an Englishman"

-------------

Today is the fourth day of the first month of the year Eighteen hundred.

Today I rose early, as is my way, wandered the grounds with my hounds Thrillus and Lobo.

Today I lunched early with my beloved lady.

Today is the day that my Generals and senior staff met in my map room.

For today is the day I decided that we must crush Russia beneath my boots....

Who am I you may well ask?

I am Napoleon

..... vive la france.....
    Attached Files
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

May 1800
    Peace remains the catch cry for now. Our naval assets are busily heading to the Baltic region in preparation to blockade the area

Now there must be a song about Cathie being the warring mongrel ***** that she is

my lads are chanting:

'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'

so much so that Spain and Austria have both seem to be closing their borders and with drawing embassy staff..

'hey Cathie...'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'
    'we're coming to getya'

September 1800
    General Davout his Cuirassier Army and several divisions of foot stand ready to march on Frankfurt. ahh the sweet smell of the winds of war

Throughout Davout’s Army word was trickling that Napoleon would not be with them for the war... That the tides of office were taking there toll, and that the Empire developed more clerks than soldiers...

For yes, Napoleon and his Guard were in Paris this day, working clearing and preparing...
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

November 1800
      Who ever could have known what the Emperor was up to...

For from Brussells march 3 Divisions of Heavy Cavalry (in red)

The Legion de Cuirassier
      The 5th Legion de Cuirassier
      The 13th Legion de Cuirassier

All honourable units of the Old Guard, and leading them, our Emperor, Napoleon.

To the south Davout (in yellow) had moved his forces into Prussia.

Then with the boldness you would expect from a trusted General of Napoleon, he led his own Army of Curassiers on a charge of Frankfurt. Thus allowing the following units time to set there mighty cannon up for the bombardment of the city.

A bonus, a unit of workers (circled), liberated from the Prussian tyrants
      Attached Files
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

The Germanic town on Frankfurt has fallen to Davout’s men.

Napoleon has led an attack on Hannover... that city will be rubble soon... unless it is of use to our English Allies

The road to Cathie, and her Russian swine, is being swept by the Power of the French Sabre and Cannon.

Oh yes, the clerks arrived in Frankfurt, and renamed everything 'Flowers are for peace'

Now who knows what that means, but it will surely incense the Prussians

Spain just snubbed a MPP. Asked for all tech, all gold, everything I had, just so they could rush to my aid... I am now forming the Armee du South. You know where they are going, I just want to touch them, scratch one of their fine cities... into rubble. We will show these Spaniards that we will be a humble ally.

We are traveling through the heart of Prussia now... There will be building materials available here for some time. For example the clerks have come forward and started the Leipzig markets... yes for 2 bob you can take home a cart full of Leipzig...
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

If faith and friendship, we hand Hannover to the English.

Troops of the Danish garrisons are now on the northern outskirts of Hamburg. We see English cavalry to the south.

We have had our first contact with Cathies slave boys on their wiitttlie ponies

We battle on, the pains of the battle of Hannover linger in the Old Guard. Yet they stay the field, like a rock against a pounding wave.

Many Russian Cossacks are on the field, so be aware... they are like flies

Hamburg is a hard nut to crack... many good men we not be returning to France from this battle.

Strength and Honour

The battle of Berlin drags on, as more French troops draw near, Prussia is finally beatiiing the gates of Berlin shut with Conscript units...

January 1802
          Reinforcements have saved Berlin for another day...

Good luck with the battle of Hamburg... I have thrown 12 units to their deaths on this town... 3 more units have arrived to assist.

There is a place to the south east of your city Hannover... It is known by the rather large white obleisk

By the way, if you ever wish to visit the grand concert halls of berlin... then you may have to build them

Now for a time of Consolidation... Yes Berlin would have been an excellent rest and rec area...

I have a line of troops all the way from the Atlantic to Posseland

Ahh Posseland will mine soon... Yes Posseland, some craxzed Prussia nightclub area. Napoleon with his Old Guard Cav and 10 other units, including 5 cannon.

Posen... posentown... Pussytown has fallen

My troops have enjoyed some rest in your Hannovering Forests..

January 1803

March 1803
          Prussia... it is like the Prelude to Russia

July 1803
          Marechal Ney has taken to the field and Rides with 3 heavy Cavalry Regiments to meet with Napoleon for the push into Russia.

Marechal Macdonald is forming the Fourth Carabinier Army at this time, and will be along shortly.

Marechal Massena has quite a mission. He leads multiple units including the grand batterie.. They have a longer journey ahead of them

Hordes of Russian troops are about at the moment, I hope we are not biting off more than we can chew.

November 1803
          The consolidation at the Russian border continues, watch for the fires in the eastern skies
          Last edited by Paddy; March 9, 2004, 20:50.
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Napoleon and the Old Guard Cavalry capture Possetown
            Attached Files
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Knock Knock

Hello Cathie

Avon Calling
              Attached Files
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                I just want to touch them, scratch one of their fine cities... into rubble.
                Remember Paddy, I am a person of peace, not a destroyer of cities.

This is a real wingdinger of a story you got happening here. I'm looking forward to more material. Let avon crush russia with their pyramid schemes!
                Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

oh, but Scratch, you be the 12th Marechal of France

and leaving their cities in ruin is but a pleasure
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Does Marchel mean marshal? A general or something? If so then sure. I'd happily put my peaceful nature aside for a campaign of stomping around with some heavy cavalry.
                    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Marechal does equal Marshall, holder of the Gold Batton, leader of Grand Armies, crusher of Civilizations
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

May 1804
                        Well done on Minsk, a fine English purchase.
                        Next we charge to take Riga, with the goal of liberating St Petersburg
                        Attached Files
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

July 1804 to you Sire
                          Just as I have a passion to Crush all that is Cathies, so to the Baltic is such a beautiful part of the world.... So I got a little sentimental and spared the Baltic states from the pain of Cathie... So from Czar Alexander, they go to Emperor Napoleon.

The French Armed Forces
                          Attached Files
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

To positions Gentlemen
                            Attached Files
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

March 1805 - Northern Russia

My battle plans for the capture of St Peters Burg and surrounds

Marechal Ney (light blue) and Marechal Davout (light green) will charge Novogrod. The plan is to level this city

Marechal Macdonald (Burgundy) and Marechal Victor (Yellow) will charge Staraya, along with other cavalry elements (Purple). The plan is to keep this city.

Generale de Brigade Senarmont's cannon and calary elements will advance on St Petersburg (Red) The plan is to keep this city.

Napoleon and the Old Guard Cavalry (Blue) will sit upon the hill and be available for either the killing blow in Novogorod... or as the protector of Generale Senarmonts brigades... then will sweep in for the battle of St Petersburg. Accompanied by units of Marechal Ney (light blue) and Marechal Davout (light green) and Marechal Macdonald (Burgundy) and Marechal Victor (Yellow)
                              Attached Files
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X