The Marechals of France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 1805

To Your Majesty, Maximus, King of all that is British.

Much to report...

The glorious empire of France stands testament to the ways of the future. My homelands are going through a massive building drive. The construction of Hospitals is taking place all over the lands. This will allow my home cites to continue to grow... and thus become stronger power houses..

Today I stand at the gates of St Petersburg. I lead my loved Old Guard Cavalry, along with me are: Marechal Ney and his Cuirassiers, and Generales de Brigade Senarmont's cannon and Calvary elements stand at the gates of St Petersburg. I believe thatthe City of St Petersburg will be my new winter capital in the coming month.

I must admit that Senarmont stands read for promotion to Marechal... His actions, fortitude and overall command of his men has been outstanding. Surely a man worthy of the Gold Baton.

As reported earlier, the city of Novgorod is in ruins.

Marechal Davout has suffered grievous losses in the battle for Staraya, yet the city is ours.

Marechal Macdonald has found himself in the swamps having chased and destroyed 3 elite Russian Guards units there.

Marechal Victor and his forces have brought the people of Staraya into the French fold of life.

Further to the south, Marechal Domon, his mighty Cavalry Army, The Old Guard Grand Batteries, Generales Dixon's Grand Batteries, and various other elements are preparing to lay attack on Polatsk. It is my intention to keep the city of Polatsk.

With the gathering of the Grand Armee, we will allow our troops some rest, before sweeping down upon the stronghold of Moscow. I must admit to being so undecided on this cities fate. My heart would have it in ruins, yet my analytical mind knows that great wealth and resources can be attained from this district. Ah, as you Angles would say: We will cross that bridge when we come to it...

An alliance has been again formed with Gustav. This has seen the Swedes enter the fray against Cathie... Hopefully old Gustav will get to take Helsinki, before I become board with it and level it...

I have dispatched several cavalry Regiments from my Southern Home Army. They are at this time crossing your Milan district. Their orders are to proceed through Austria and scout the Ottoman Empire borders. To this end, I have two frigates in the Med, near your Gibraltar district. They too will be heading over to scout the very waters of the Ottoman. I am intent to watch all avenues of these strange people. To further the bonds between the Ottoman and France, I have entered into a trade agreement for their Dyes. I actually refused to sign the document, and had others see to it. I will keep them at arms length for a while yet.

May your people be well, and your soldiers strong in their faith and their honour,

Napoleon
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Throughout the Grand Armee the soulfull sounds could be heard throughout the night... my lads are chanting:

'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'

'hey cathie...'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'

The Cuirassiers are on their mounts....
      Here comes their leader, Marechal Ney.
      He knows your daughter oh so well!!!
      Watch them smile, can't you tell?

'hey cathie...'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'

Old Boney has the Guard out...
      They have never been defeated.
      When you see them you'll be seated...

'hey cathie...'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'

So you sent out an Army of your Guards as scouts.
      Ha, Davout and his lads saw them off.
      Into the swamps they went,
      And Macdonald, he did not spare...

'hey cathie...'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'

'hey cathie...'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'
      'we're goin' to getya'

--------------------

they say that the populace can hear the echoes in the waking day, long after the Armee has moved on with their quest to unseat Cathie, the warring mungrel ***** that she is
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

November 1805
        I am positioning for a push on Moscow

July 1806
        The City of Moscow has fallen to my lads.
        Marechal Davout led a grand assault.
        Let it be known that Moscow has been renamed by the clerks to Cathiestown.
        Marechal Ney has been crowned the Prince of St Petersburg.

The clean up of Cathies lands continues.

The Ottomen have taken yet another city to the south. Still there is quite a buffer zone between our lands and that of the Ottoman

So I will regroup the Grand Armee and be prepared for the march on the Ottoman.
        This will take some time.

Cathiestown is celebrating the arrival of Napoleon

1807 March France
        Attached Files
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 March The Colony of St Peter
          Attached Files
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 March The Ottoland
            Attached Files
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 March Top 5 Cities
              Attached Files
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

My dear Emporer Paddy,

we have thought long and hard about the threat posed to both our great nations by the Ottoman empire, which it seems is brooding away down there looking for an opportunity to increase its power and holdings.

As you will remember the Milan crisis was a brief but most worrying time. Hordes of Turkish troops crossed our borders no doubt looking to flex their muscles and pick a fight with someone. I can tell you My cousin Berty and his family who are with the diplomatic core stationed in Milan, were horrified!, and he sent me daily reports of great unrest and fear in the city at that time.

It was only thanks to your swift diplomatic intervention that a disaster was averted on that occasion, but with the demise of Russia now almost complete, I feel it is only a matter of time before we have to face war with these people.

We have devised a plan for a joint attack on the turks if the need should arise, please peruse the charts and tell of your considerations.

Naturally we would wish to leave the situation alone untill we have settled the Spanish war, fighting on two fronts would we fell be very risky at this juncture. Ah best layed plans eh, if only life was so simple.

We deem it would be most advantageous if we could coordinate our forces when this attack commences. We consider the French forces best placed to atack at several points along the Austro/Turkish border, whist we land a massive force outside Istanbul essentially cutting off completely their southern cities preventing them from sending reinforcements from the south.

We hope to be able to capture Istanbul swiftly and to send a large naval fleet into the black sea to begin a blockade of all Turkish ports in the region. We have planty of ships for this task and a great many vessels are already headed for the region as this report is being typed.

we imagine the optimun timing for this operation to be at the start of 1811, 3yrs 6 months frommnow and after the Spanish war.

Maximus
                Attached Files
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 May
                  I like what you have said here Sire, and will reply in depth soon.

The following pic shows Ottomen troops starting to move in to Austria.
                  Attached Files
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 May The Grand Armee Part 1

Currently at the Polatsk Base Camp East
                    Attached Files
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 May The Grand Amree Part II

Currently at the Polatsk Base Camp East
                      Attached Files
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 May - Marechal Vandamme and III Corps on the Austrian Ottoman Border just south of Venice.
                        Attached Files
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 May - It would be my intent to bring III Corp across to here, so as ready to crush Belgrade in the opening moves of the Ottomen War.
                          Attached Files
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I would like to bring the Grand Armee down to the Blue Circle.
                            Then moving them along the blue lines...

Then Marechal Vandamme and III Corps can move in on Belgrade, thne onto Orsovo. Along the green lines.

If he is in this battle, Marechal Bessieres and VII Corp, then they will move on Mostar, then Skopje.

All the while Khrakov will be smashed by a small force from the Grand Armee.

The goal of these attackes is to literally smash the northern cities of the Ottoman Empire, and hopefully break the back of their Armies.

If and only if II & VII Corps can meet these objectives, they would then be used as the back stop for any Ottomen units getting loose into the rest of Europe.

Thus allowing the Grand Armee to swing through the rest of the Ottolands leaving the land in ruins.

I like your plans for Istanbul.
                            Attached Files
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Your plans look very secure, and feasable.

It will once again be a pleasure to fight at your side.

Please note that Marechal Drouet and II Corp are currently stationed throughout the south of France, at Marseilles, Montauban and Bordeaux. It is not much to have them grouped and on the march.

Please note II Corp consists of 5 Imperial Guard Rgts, 4 Imperial Cav Rgts, 11 Voltigeur Rgts. We are looking to add 1 or 2 Grand Batteree Rgts as well in the near future.

We are more than happy to assist you in your battles for Spain. To assist your growth, we agree here that we will not level any of the Spanish cities that we capture. We would be more than happy to hand over any captured cities to your Empire, although my staff would like Pampalona or Barcelona for the French Empire.

Add to this Marechal Bessieres and VII Corp are currently on their way to to relieve Marechal Vandamme and III Corps on the Austrian Ottoman Border just south of Venice. They can be diverted to Spain if you require it??? Please advise
                              Attached Files
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

1807 July Over to you Sire

This pic shows even more Ottomen cav on their way through Austria. Lucky that III Corps were available to swampo the roads.

Further to east I am leading the old Guard towards Ottoland. To this end I have dispatched several of my Cav Armies off on a faster pace.
                                Attached Files
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X