AU501 - The Power of Seafaring - One history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU501 - The Power of Seafaring - One history

“Kids! Kids! Gather round! Hey Georgie put that damn thing down and get over here. Your Pappy’s got something to say!” blurted a wizened old man with clefts so deep the Grand Canyon seems young. Well that’s overstating it a bit don’t you think? Let’s just say he’s old. An old fart.

Speaking of smells. Let’s get back to that story. Where the hell was I? My faculties are slipping of late. Is it my age? Oh smells. Damn. The smell of the sea. That is what drove the Byzantines to the sea. The fresh salt breeze of the crashing waves. That and the forests. The lush green trees dripping with moss and lichens.

These are the trees that will allow these Byzantines the ability to sail the seas…
    Attached Files

In their exuberance they named their city Yee Haw!

Comment

Soon after they began to chop down the forests to feed their ships. A volcano erupted in the distance. The gods were pleased! “Chop, chop, chop your way”, became their work chant. The date was 3700BC.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bring it on Sir Osis...

Looking forward to more of the heroic adventures of your people in this latest course from the Aployton Uni...

Thanks for the pics.
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Built at last. Look at those sails billowing in the wind. Don’t you wonder where they will take you? Over the glorious blue sea. The wind and the waves in your hair. Sail away Curragh. May the gods bless you on your journey.
          Attached Files

Comment

The ship sailed quickly around the point with huge gusts of wind. The sea! The sea! This is where the Byzantines belonged. Riding the waves in ships of beautiful wood.
            *Cough* Getting deep in here. Regardless, the Byzantines continued on their course of shipbuilding.
            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff, like the piccies
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Where were we? Seems like it’s been awhile. 400 years to be exact from the founding of Yee Haw! Of course it seems longer but that happens when you get older. Time seems to slow down. Or does it? Anyway, we’ve found some other people! The Japanese they call themselves. Their warrior seemed nice enough but he really had no interest in the sea. Talked on and on about religion and gods something like that. Didn’t really catch it. Had to set sail! On our way out of the cove we spotted the most amazing creatures! They were huge with shining white tusks.
                Attached Files

Comment

So much to tell. Where to begin? This is the point where writers block kicks in and you’ve got to type something to keep going. Kyoto. The Japanese’s capital of wonders unbelivable. I shall not speak of them here in your company.

Comment

The sea still calls the Byzantines. It is the siren song.
                    Attached Files

Comment

More volcanos erupt in the distance showing the gods are pleased with the Byzantines.

Comment

3 curraghs sail the seas and discover another civilization. The Sumarians are very advanced technologically but they do not sail the seas.

Comment

Another city is founded. Copenhagen. Built on fields of tobacco and next to the sea.

Comment

Barbarians!

The Hittite city of Ugarit is spotted in 2470BC.

Comment

The barbarians have killed all Byzantines warriors. The newly founded Caeserea must train some more to attack these foul savage people.

Comment

Working...
                              X