This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggie-

Hopefully this can be edited out soon, but it has already been nearly a week.

It would be a shame to just end the game due to a crappy bug, but it would not be satisfied to win against a team with one hand tied behind their back. A no win situation if it can't be resolved.

On slightly another topic: how will this game work with conquests? can we still play it, or will we need a dual install. Perhaps running it through the Conquests exe would fix it. (doubtful, I know)

Comment

• As it works now I think, afterall your CIV3 exe. is still in the main folder too.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Gramphos is making progress on the save file.

I (and he) can't promise anything, but we may be close to fixing things.

Comment

• You may try this file...

I'm not sure if it will work, but the deals shall be fixed... however, I'm using an unstable version of my tool, and there might be unknown bugs with the savehandling causing other corruption.

But this save helped me correct one bug that has been in for long, and noone have been able to grab a specific save with for me. (And my tool wouldn't have had ennough erro handling to see what the error were)
          Attached Files
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• aboout: warmongerofthewarmongers280ad_edited_by_gramphos

I could not load this file , not as ".sav" , not as scenario ".bix " or ".bix", the program tells : it is a scenario file and it is corrupt.
            Playing Civ 4

Comment

• Okay. I'm having problems runnibg PTW right now. but I'll try again later. but it means that there are some major problem swith the handling of PTW saves in my current development version (which I though it might be) It might take as long as it takes to get out my next version if it is a big problem with the underlaying system.

Comment

• I would really like to have some more details on that error. I can't use PTW mystelf right now due to unstability (and the fact that I have exams in a week )

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen
                  Let's make it easy:

Vox wins.

cya in PTWDG III
                  If it really comes down to this we would of course humbly accept for the good of the game.

Comment

• warmongerofthewarmongers280ad_edited_by_gramphos

Screenshot of first message (crash loading in 1.21f)

- picture is now old, it was replaced to save space and time
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Zayxus; October 16, 2003, 15:06.
                    Playing Civ 4

Comment

Screenshot of following message
                      at 50% Quality for 50KB
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Zayxus; October 16, 2003, 14:43.
                      Playing Civ 4

Comment

Trying with extension '.bic', Version 1.21, crashed too.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Zayxus; October 16, 2003, 14:56.
                        Playing Civ 4

Comment

• Okay... It must be an error with the file header than. I'll look into it again as soon as I find the time. This is sokmething that I jneed to fix before the next version of C3MT...

Comment

• I noticed that Zayxus is using 1.14f instead of 1.21f or 1.27f. Wouldn't that cause some problems since we have been playing with 1.27f for a while now?

Comment

• Note to GoW: Because of Togas' computer problems, I have been named the Regent for Spain in the absence of a King and will be handling the save for Roleplay Team. Please make sure you send the save to my nick at aohell.com as well as to the others. Thank You
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• So Arnie's overthrow scheme has finally come to fruitition............

Comment

Working...
                                X