This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFree
    I noticed that Zayxus is using 1.14f instead of 1.21f or 1.27f. Wouldn't that cause some problems since we have been playing with 1.27f for a while now?
    test it with 1.27f then. But by the error it sounds as if I'm corrupting parts of the file header. Shoulden't be too hard to track down, but I need some time to do it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Gramphos all I can say is thanks alot of for doing this for us, we understand it might take a while but I'm sure you'll do your best. Three cheers
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Tested with 1.21f.
        Luckily found old patch for it - after re-install.
        Got Start of Espana password request.
        What shall we do with it?
        Playing Civ 4

Comment

I noticed that Zayxus is using 1.14f instead of 1.21f or 1.27f. Wouldn't that cause some problems since we have been playing with 1.27f for a while now?
          It seems to cause errors trying loading with 1.14f, right, but
          we use 1.21f instead of 1.27f for some reasons?
          Playing Civ 4

Comment

• 1.27f is the latest patch and is available worldwide. That should be the version we are using in this game. I would guess that since you have been using an older version while some are using a newer one, that has caused the problems you are encountering. It was discussed quite awhile back that we would upgrade to 1.21f from 1.14f then the decison to upgrade to 1.27f was also made.

Darekill, I assume, made the upgrades while Zayxus didn't. The whole ND team should use the 1.27f version.

As far as the password request for Espana....send it to Togas, it must be our turn then.

Comment

• At this point, I think we should just go ahead and declare GS and Roleplay DOA. They didn't have a chance to survive anyway.

That would leave GoW and ND in a strong enough position to invade Lego with the assistance of their secret ally Vox at which point they would have declared a Triumvirate of three consuls, one from each team who would forever rule the world.

Game over.

Comment

• well, you would have gotten the password request for Espania, look at the title of the save. It is indeed Roleplay's turn, last turn. What if we played through a round and see what is fixed?
                Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

• This is the post GoW 280ad save ?

290ad is when we found the error.

So...Trip needs to load and play the game through until GoW 290ad to see if the ROP error is still around.
                  "No Comment"

Comment

• So, when do I get to know if I fixed it?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I am sure Trip will be right on it

"No Comment"

Comment

• Trip disappears during the day something about the sunlight makes him uncomfortable..................

Comment

1.27f is the latest patch and is available worldwide. That should be the version we are using in this game. I would guess that since you have been using an older version while some are using a newer one, that has caused the problems you are encountering. It was discussed quite awhile back that we would upgrade to 1.21f from 1.14f then the decison to upgrade to 1.27f was also made.

Darekill, I assume, made the upgrades while Zayxus didn't. The whole ND team should use the 1.27f version.
                          If this is indeed the issue, then a big aaaaarggghhhhhhh!!!!

But didn't others using 1.27f try the turn as well. In other words, didn't we back it up to a point where we would have by-passed Zayxus' turn, and had others play the appropriate turn. This would have isolated the problem. Or am I missing something here.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                            Trip disappears during the day something about the sunlight makes him uncomfortable..................
                            Sorry, there's a little something called school, which I have to tend to every so often.

The save file has been fixed. RP can continue the game with the save that Gramphos put up (280 AD).

Comment

• With 1.27f I could load the saves as well.
                              Playing Civ 4

Comment

• patch 1.27

Originally posted by Zayxus
                                Patch 1.27 ?
                                Long time ago I asked. (10-08-2003)
                                The answer was:

11-08-2003
                                Originally posted by panag

hi ,

stay away from the UK one

have a nice day
                                also:

17-08-2003
                                Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                                That's not an issue, we have been having people playing the same PBEM with 1.27 and 1.21 ever since 1.27 came out, they seem to be compatible. The ISDG's been played with both for quite awhile now.

Please, when and in which thread was done the decision, to play with 1.21f or 1.27f of Civ3PTW ?

Or are both patches really compatible?
                                Playing Civ 4

Comment

Working...
                                X