Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I support the sharing of combat information. Trip should be the one to report it though. Just dry, unbiased numbers; maybe even a before and after screen shot.

Comment

• Ahh, to see what the EYE sees. *assumes whistful posture*

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Teams should set up polls on this issue... if everyone agrees then I will make a report on all battles which occur every turn.

Comment

• I think we need a new thread for this part. I too would be interested in knowing the loses involved in such battles(though I do KNOW for this one,). But also since we have this current system we have been playing under, I don't see an effective way to change it.

Perhaps we could have a reporter, say trip since he is neutral, write a broad story as if he was a third party reporter. Perhaps the side that saw all would have to approve it, so no classified info would leak out. Similiar to being a pool reporter. I wouldn't want a "Geraldo incident" though.

Or perhaps this report could come from somebody on that side even, for example like unortho for us. We all agree that his stories are entertaining and factually correct.( an extremely rare combination). As in his report of our rush south, the report might come later as to not give away anything that isn't commonly known.

Just some ideas to get information out and also to keep military secrecy intact.

Also a request to Gs, for roleplay purposes, could you tell us where the units that fought so fearlessly and valiantly came from. that way when stories are made they can be given proper credit.

Aggie
          Last edited by Aggie; September 24, 2003, 17:58.
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• That kind of takes away an element of suprise. The whole kill their scout and hope they don't notice effect.........

Comment

• Perhaps the compromise would be only a report of those directly involved in combat. i.e., even if 4 out of 10 knights in a stack attack 2 med. inf. and win, the report would only have to say that 4 knights were invovled in combat. That gives some idea of the forces, but still maintains the suprise element.
              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Has GoW gone over the 24 hour period? Hmm? Perhaps things are not so well in the garden of evil!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
                  Has GoW gone over the 24 hour period? Hmm? Perhaps things are not so well in the garden of evil!
                  We're just fine, however I think the hostilities in the forum justify a bit of slow down so that we can all remain civil. Perhaps we should all take a "time out" for a few turns to remember this is a game.

Comment

• I vote we string GF up from the nearest tree as a reminder of what happens to those who exceed the time limit in this game

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
                      Has GoW gone over the 24 hour period? Hmm? Perhaps things are not so well in the garden of evil!

so you mean that we play longer when things go bad?

Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                      ---------
                      May God Bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by vulture
                        I vote we string GF up from the nearest tree as a reminder of what happens to those who exceed the time limit in this game
                        I vote we make the "string em up" rule retroactive so that all of GS is already strung up and there's no one left to propose they do it to me...............

Although I actually think the delay is due to another team not responding in a timely manner to an offer we sent them...........

Comment

• So, uh, is that bug GoW mentioned solved?
                          I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• nope
                            Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                            King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                            ---------
                            May God Bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panzer32
                              nope
                              well, uh, are you going to let us know what the problem is, one of us might know how to solve it or have some ideas, or is it some super secret problem that would reveal operational plans of Gow/nd?

Comment

• We'll the problem is that the bug involves movement of units and so it almost has to be solved by nd or GOW. If somebody from a neutral team is interested they could pm me(they just have to not tell anybody involved what they hear, but since they don't have yunits thats easy to do). The problem isn't that I don't trust you all, I do trust the people here. The problem is that once you've seen the situation its hard to ignore and could effect your decisions, even unintentially.
                                Aggie
                                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                                X