This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aggie
    We'll the problem is that the bug involves movement of units and so it almost has to be solved by nd or GOW. If somebody from a neutral team is interested they could pm me(they just have to not tell anybody involved what they hear, but since they don't have yunits thats easy to do). The problem isn't that I don't trust you all, I do trust the people here. The problem is that once you've seen the situation its hard to ignore and could effect your decisions, even unintentially.
    Aggie
    Most interesting. Haven't seen a bug with movement, at least recently. Completely understand your reasoning on not revealing it to the world, but very interested to see what's up after the game is over, or this part is no longer relevant. Hopefully Trip alone can fix it and we can get this game back on track.

Comment

• This is a game. Even there is war in the the game, I expect civil acquaintance in this forum.

To take this game with respect, the technical rules of this game controlled by a computer need to be correct and constant over the whole time from the start to the end.
      Playing Civ 4

Comment

• any updates on the bug situation? Does the game crash, or something else?

Comment

• The bug does not allow Rop's to work as they should. That is a big problem.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• To be more specific, ROPs are one way ROPs. Only one civ gets the benefit of the ROP while the other doesn't.

Trip is assisting in attempting to fix the issue.

PS when we figure it out I want the info so I can negotiate these one way ROPs in my other civ games.........

Comment

• I've heard that this bug, one way RoP's only happen when moving a large force, say 20 or so units, through the partner's territory. Can you confirm this?

Comment

• Ouch. That is a big problem.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                  I've heard that this bug, one way RoP's only happen when moving a large force, say 20 or so units, through the partner's territory. Can you confirm this?
                  No wonder our stack of 60 Riders got stuck.
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Remember the problem we had with Vox some time back when a peace treaty was about to expire? Is this ROP about to expire?

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen

No wonder our stack of 60 Riders got stuck.
                      damn. Hopefully you don't run into that "disappearing stack of 60 riders bug" that crops up occassionally

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        I've heard that this bug, one way RoP's only happen when moving a large force, say 20 or so units, through the partner's territory. Can you confirm this?
                        Yeah, about 3X over for GoW and about 4x over for ND......

Course, considering both of us have been in GA production for quite some time you already knew that.......

EDIT: and add on the 24 or so former GS Catapults we recently upgraded to Cannons.................

Comment

• Are you sure it's a bug and not that ND has taken away your ROP?

Didn't you already have a RoP in place before this turn? Maybe it is because you two constantly declare war on each other that the RoP function is not working as you woud assume it should. Maybe the deal needs a full turn before its active for both teams. I'm not sure if Peace and a RoP can be extended on the same turn.

Comment

• Actually its the GoW/Roleplay ROP that seems to be having the glitches.

Comment

• Hmm...I was almost positive we had visa's sent out to GoW for UnO and a few of your other units to come to the gates of Pamplona as requested by MrWIA. But we have yet to see them....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
                                Hmm...I was almost positive we had visa's sent out to GoW for UnO and a few of your other units to come to the gates of Pamplona as requested by MrWIA. But we have yet to see them....
                                Don't worry your turn is next.

Comment

Working...
                                X