This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip

Actually, (since you love to do so) you can just blame it on PTW.
    Its software related problems? Sheesh, not again.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
      Its software related problems? Sheesh, not again.
      You win the golden Spearman award!

Comment

• Well, if they're having a software problem, they really ought to tell everybody so we don't just sit here complaining about them holding the save with no reason
        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Can GS please confirm if it is a software problem.
          And why they have decided to not let anyone know.
          "No Comment"

Comment

• Hmm, has it been 20 turns since GS and Vox made peace perhaps? That problem certainly gave us enough trouble with the Vox-Bob "War" last time didn't it?

Comment

• I hope we don't have to replay the last few turns. I don't honestly know what moves we made each turn. Trip are we talking minor glitch or are we talking "time to consider going on".
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• It's a minor (but significant for GS for this turn) glitch, which shouldn't cause any major problems like the last time we had to stop the game for two weeks...

Comment

• That doesnt sound like a PTW problem...it sounds like they are having dificulty in making required trades within the limited options of the game.
                  eg not being able to declare war to stop a trade.

That is not what I would define as a software problem.
                  "No Comment"

Comment

• Apologies. We have discovered a bug within PTW which made it impossible for an alternate player for GS to complete the turn earlier today (much) when he was available and to do so within the spirit of the rules for this game. More details will come later.

For now... I will get the turn done ASAP. I have something I have to tend to IRL, and then I will do the turn. It will be there when they awake in Germany (unless they get up reaaaaaaalllllyyyy early).
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• methinks it's the "catapults switching sides" bug
                      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• You edited. And here I had a witty retort to what you first posted.

We did find a different sort of bug though. When Sir Ralph tried to resume the turn from what I had done, he was getting different (better) results from what I got. It took him a bit to find out why, and by then he had no more time. We are now aware of the problem, and so we should make everyone else aware also.

When you change builds when the city production pop up comes at the beginning of the turn, you can consume rng values. IOW, you can get different results during combat based on what you do in the production phase.

What is really strange is that I checked into the ISDG forum before going to the GS forum. So, I already spent an hour confirming the bug with wonder initiation when I discovered that Sir Ralph had found it too with the GS save. I am not sure what he did yet, but we will let you know when we have compared notes.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• RNG also gets whacked when you do diplomatic deals in SP. Don't know if it's the same in MP. In fact, pretty much everything screws up the RNG so if anyone tries to duplicate a play, do it in the same order too.

and my original post was:

methinks it's the "units are disappearing" bug
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Your honesty is appreciated Nye.
                            Aggie
                            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aggie
                              Your honesty is appreciated Nye.
                              Yup!
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen
                                and my original post was:

methinks it's the "units are disappearing" bug
                                Then why don't you correct it? Did somebody modify your post without your permission? Is the edit button disable on your browser?

Comment

Working...
                                X