This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panzer32

Glory of War?? That would be the first time, as the second time we couldn't declare war without attacking a unit.
    If this is it, then Vox should be able to rengotiate peace with GoW(?) and whoever else (RP?, ND?) they may have enforced peace with which expires this turn. We should not have to redo more than their turn and Lego's.

Lux doesn't count because they are out.

Is it worth a try?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• ND declared war on Vox after the Operation MacArthur.... was that 20 turns ago??

EDIT: at least they said so in the forum. I don't know if they actually did it in-game
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
        I don't know for sure if this is it, but I have confirmed there is a DoW bug which causes PtW to crash at the end of the last player's turn at the expiry of the normal 20 turns enforced peace. Anyone should be able to verify this by creating a scenario (I used 4 players) and cycling through the game with the continue button until it crashes 20 turns after peace being made.

The way around it that I have found is for the last possible player involved to renegotiate peace, causing war and avoiding the crash. They can immediately offer peace, so no 'real' war need take place. It would be a bugger for trades though.

Is this the bug cousing this crash? How long ago did Vox make peace with... ?? Who were they actually at war with?
        This sounds very interesting - earlier in this thread, Trip reported he was getting the crash if replaying the turn, receiving a message related to GoW/Vox DoW. Can we try replaying the last turn from GoW - with GoW and Vox doing something "different" about their mutual relation? Either "manually" declaring a fake war (this is what nye suggests, I believe) for one turn or "manually" making a new peace treaty?

20 turns sounds just right for the "first" GoW-Vox peace, I think.

nye,

Comment

• Problem solved.

Thanks for the hints, NYE and Vondrack. I had figured something was fishy with the GOW turn before, but had never bothered to mess with it...

Comment

• OK, gentlemen, time to get back to "work"...

We need GoW to replay their last turn, re-offering peace to Vox (and Vox shall accept on their turn). Hopefully, our "time lapse" will finally be over then.

EDIT: And btw, before we move on - I repeat that as far as I am concerned (I hope other Legos would agree, too), I do not request that asleepathewheel is banned from GS - just that he remains an observing (non-posting, non-voting) member of GS only.
            Last edited by vondrack; May 11, 2003, 04:26.

Comment

• Damn, Trip beat me about an hour in solving this I figured out too this morning that renegotiating peace with the Romans fixes the Pandora PBEM.

Very good thing if that solves PtWDG too so we can continue

Comment

• Well, now that the problem has been solved, we're going to have to set some new rules around here.
                • Teams are no longer allowed to declare war on each other.
                • If a team violates part I of this rule, then that team is hereby forbidden to make peace with the team it is at war with.

Comment

• It would be useful if we had some idea of how often the bug bites when the mandatory portion of peace treaties comes to an end. Next time a treaty gets near the twenty turn mark, we probably ought to have Trip play ahead (if he's willing) in order to see if it looks like the bug will bite again so we can have the teams involved do what they need to do in order to work around the bug.

Comment

• So GoW needs to replay 570 and OFFER PEACE TO VOX?

Want to make sure I'm playing the right turn here.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                      EDIT: And btw, before we move on - I repeat that as far as I am concerned (I hope other Legos would agree, too), I do not request that asleepathewheel is banned from GS - just that he remains an observing (non-posting, non-voting) member of GS only.
                      Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarclay
                        It would be useful if we had some idea of how often the bug bites when the mandatory portion of peace treaties comes to an end. Next time a treaty gets near the twenty turn mark, we probably ought to have Trip play ahead (if he's willing) in order to see if it looks like the bug will bite again so we can have the teams involved do what they need to do in order to work around the bug.
                        100% as far as I can see.

I recreated it with a scenario.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I am out of town at my sister's place and cannot play the Vox turn until tomorrow early evening (edt). Sorry. Didn't expect that 'we' would be so ingenious and quick at solving this.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                            So GoW needs to replay 570 and OFFER PEACE TO VOX?

Want to make sure I'm playing the right turn here.
                            Yes, that did the trick for me... we may have to fiddle some with it, and Vox also has to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                              I second with the motion.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Hmmm, make a timed peace interesting when it's finally up,

i.e. "do we attack now or wait 20 turns.... To h*ll with out reputation, attack now!!!"

E_T
                                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                                Worship the Comic here!
                                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                                X