This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Master Zen
    Also, AFAIK there's no way to set the city production levels is there? I mean, most cities on the map are building something...
    Oh boy - I'd hate to be building a wonder and lose those shields...

Comment

• Might be. I'm not sure though. The information is stored somewhere in the save file, so Gramphos has access to it.

Edit: Checked it, and yes, there's a way to set production and shield #.

Comment

• Damn, we were 1 shield away from the Manhattan Project... this REALLY sucks!
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• I know this probably won't solve anything... but just in the meantime while we wait; What about trying to replay from two turns ago? It wouldn't hurt and it's worth trying.
          "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
          "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

• I was told that it's possible to export the map from a savegame and into a scenario.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by OliverFA
              I know this probably won't solve anything... but just in the meantime while we wait; What about trying to replay from two turns ago? It wouldn't hurt and it's worth trying.
              I think asleepatthewheel played it from ~10 turns ago and the result was the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip

I think asleepatthewheel played it from ~10 turns ago and the result was the same.

I played from 710 bc, which was five of six turns ago maybe? Everytime would crash at same point.

Comment

Might be. I'm not sure though. The information is stored somewhere in the save file, so Gramphos has access to it.

Edit: Checked it, and yes, there's a way to set production and shield #.
                  Should each team start preparing a status report for their cities? (WF, Q, # Shields, # Food)

Comment

• Originally posted by dejon
                    Should each team start preparing a status report for their cities? (WF, Q, # Shields, # Food)
                    I can access it from the save.

It would be nice to get the passwords from all the teams though, or especially the admin password from NYE.

Comment

• When is the next patch due from Firaxis? Perhaps that will fix this, though that will be a few weeks at least, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        I played from 710 bc, which was five of six turns ago maybe? Everytime would crash at same point.
                        6 turns, 10 turns, there's not much difference. That says that the problem is in the save file or the game itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          When is the next patch due from Firaxis? Perhaps that will fix this, though that will be a few weeks at least, right?
                          Right now there's a patch in testing, which would mean that it would be two more patches before this will be fixed, if it's a "game" problem. And that's ignoring the fact that the patch will probably never reach Europe.

Comment

• We're going 1.21 now right?
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Right now there's a patch in testing, which would mean that it would be two more patches before this will be fixed, if it's a "game" problem. And that's ignoring the fact that the patch will probably never reach Europe.
                              Assuming that this isn't one of the things the new patch is fixing?

I've never understood why they can't give Europe the patch at the same time. Cd protection? Whatever, it could get done. Granted, thats an infogrames issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                                We're going 1.21 now right?
                                The game is 1.14 right now, as many of the players on all teams can't use the American version. Unless the problem was fixed by 1.21 (which it wasn't), then I don't see the game switching over.

Comment

Working...
                                X