No announcement yet.

Political Citystates Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I created a random map and then built the central island in the middle to see how the game went (although I did set a lot more AI since it was single player PTW, AND I made them all Amazon civs since it was just a simulation) and those little ladies spread like wildfire. By the time I had made first contact they had 30+ cities each! Of course the AI Citystates didn't help any as they were to busy attacking and ambushing one another with the Hidden Nationality units.

It was pretty pathetic, I place one of each luxury in the middle so that someone could build a city and have some luxuries. But everytime one civ would venture out to build a colony the other four would jump it from all directions with their Hidden Nationality units.

Comment

sounds fun!
      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

The thing that amazed me most is HOW WELL the AI used the Hidden Nationality units. They would take some of the cheap Hidden Nationality ones and march out to the target under the cover of their highest defense non-Hidden Nationality unit so that you could only attack the tile by either declaring war or with a Hidden Nationality of your own. Then their Hidden Nationality units would jump you from the protection of their heavy defender.

Comment

how good are the hidden nationality units?
          "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

I don't see how to play an MP game without private forums.

Comment

The Labor Party and DIA in the Democracy game were able to compete without private forums. I think this is supposed to be something along those lines.

Comment

Please, count me in!!!
                Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

I missed the poll, but I think that about half the civs should be human, and the other hlaf AIs, so for the poll results it's not too bad
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It looks like we will be going with 5 Human and Six AI. Various people are playtesting mod versions to simulate the Citystates setup and as soon as we get an approved system we can start it up.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      It looks like we will be going with 5 Human and Six AI. Various people are playtesting mod versions to simulate the Citystates setup and as soon as we get an approved system we can start it up.
                      Don't you mean 5 human and 3 AI?
                      Mss
                      Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

If I am right, this is a new game starting, but i tend to get confused, can i join? if it is new.......
                        Travis King
                        (I hate my screen name, my little
                        brother made it up.)

Comment

Working...
                        X