No announcement yet.

can i please join a team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Take ThePlagueRat as an example. Take a good look at him. See how mature he looks like ? The most mature corpse I've ever seen

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Holy sh*t, did I say that I don't wear a brown gardening ? I meant that I don't wear brown, I am not gardening and I don't have a garden; not that anyone would be interested in this.

I would never wear brown, it's so boring. I wear gray
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

The way I look at it, post count is just part of a larger issue. Gathering Storm is big enough that we have no real need for more members, but we do occasionally consider people we have reason to believe would be an asset to the team. That belief might come from a recommendation from one or more current team members who know the person, or it might come from reading past posts that seem insightful and/or interesting.

But if someone is new to Apolyton and doesn't know any of our team members from elsewhere, we have no basis from which to determine whether the person is likely to be an asset or a disruptive influence. And accepting members on a probationary basis isn't exactly safe, since once someone has access to our forum, he could take privileged information with him when he leaves.

The best advice I can give to someone who is new to Apolyton and wants to join Gathering Storm (and the same likely goes for other teams) is, as has already been said, to contribute elsewhere on Apolyton. It's not the quantity of posts that counts; indeed, talking just for the sake of talking is probably more likely to be viewed negatively than positively. But if you can make yourself someone people enjoy discussing things with in other forums, they're likely to think having you involved in their team's discussions would be a good thing too.

If you like playing single-player games and you have time, playing some Apolyton University games could be especially useful. If you're good, it gives you a chance to demonstrate your skills, and even if you're not a great player, it still offers an opportunity to interact with people and show your interest in learning. That's especially true with Gathering Storm since we have so many Apolyton University regulars on our team, but I suspect it could be useful for building up a track record other teams could look at as well.

Nathan

Comment

Heck I dont care anymore about gathering storm, I just didnt bother to get off the waiting list. Now when I had an account other then this for a long time. Then i deleted it and let my little brother make one up for me. He came up with a sick name for it and later after about 6 months ( when i wasnt involved much at apolyton) i had it changed to meglomaniac. But instead of posting i was looking at threads and other things of the sort. If i had posted one a day since i found this sight i might be Prince, King or somthing.... This is the weekend anyway. I think I should play civ 3 ptw. BUT i kinda wanted to play civ 2 ToT. what should i play...
          Travis King
          (I hate my screen name, my little
          brother made it up.)

Comment

Ummm.... you can't delete your own account....
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay

The best advice I can give to someone who is new to Apolyton and wants to join Gathering Storm (and the same likely goes for other teams) is, as has already been said, to contribute elsewhere on Apolyton. It's not the quantity of posts that counts; indeed, talking just for the sake of talking is probably more likely to be viewed negatively than positively. But if you can make yourself someone people enjoy discussing things with in other forums, they're likely to think having you involved in their team's discussions would be a good thing too.
              This is actually a good advice. To join the RP-team you have to ask a member for recommandation, and if that member thinks it's cool and the applicant can be trusted, he will discuss it with our King. Then... if the applicant is a roleplay enthusiast or having participated in previous demogames, etc. he will most probably be accepted.

[edit]
              NB: Personally I do only recommend people I've known for a while.
              Last edited by ThePlagueRat; April 6, 2003, 14:38.
              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

k......
                Travis King
                brother made it up.)

Comment

Anyway, is this the end of this game, and are you going to start a new one, other then city states game. Can you tell me? If you are starting a new game ( with teams etc just like this game) can i join? Can you explain how you start a new DG with human teams
                  Travis King
                  brother made it up.)

Comment

Originally posted by MegloManiac
                    Anyway, is this the end of this game, and are you going to start a new one, other then city states game. Can you tell me? If you are starting a new game ( with teams etc just like this game) can i join? Can you explain how you start a new DG with human teams
                    I certainly hope when this game is over that we start new teams and play again. I know I am planning on it.

While I can't say with any certainty where we are in the game we may be about half way through.

Comment

Working...
                    X