can i please join a team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i please join a team

it seems as if i cant ever gt in a game i want to join gathering storm but i dont think they even notice me. can somone let me in one!
    Travis King
    (I hate my screen name, my little
    brother made it up.)

Hi, MegloManiac.

I responded to your PM. Did you get it?

We are already a large team. Combine that with you being so new, and it is difficult to see how you would pass our membership poll.

You do know that a new, public Democracy game is getting going, don't you? To be honest, I had more fun with the first General Democracy Game than I am having with this one.

This one is OK, and I am enjoying participating with my team, but it doesn't have the same comraderie that the General Demo game had. Everyone, combined, against the AI at Emperor or Deity is a lot of fun.

It would also be a good way for you to become known. Who knows, maybe some of these teams may come and ask you to join them once they see what you can do.

Keep on civ'in.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

yah

sorry

Vox is at just the number we want

if some people don't work out, we may look for more

but we ahve 9 members, and that is good enough

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Meglo,

I also invite you to join the regular DemoGame here:

We are starting over, and you can be involved in all decisions from what civ to choose, what map to play, all the way to how to structure the govt. It's allot of fun, and there is a good possibility you could even be in the government one day (once we have a government again.)
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

We are already a large team. Combine that with you being so new, and it is difficult to see how you would pass our membership poll.
          I think your first criteria is valid, but the second one I do have to critisize.....
          (typical me, right? I just have to do it.)

Someone being new to this forum in terms of post count, is really irrelevant and cannot be used as an argument. Our own team began with many relatively new posters, but most of them knew the game well, and most of them also had MP experience and we got a great team there. You don't know anything about a poster from his/her postcount. Might be a 'PTW-guru' for what you know.

In the InterSite DG it's different... A new poster might well come from another site so we use higher security there. Only there it can be a valid criteria...
          Last edited by ThePlagueRat; April 1, 2003, 17:44.
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

It may seem irrelevant but your PC or rank counts sometimes as a "degree". You can be twice as smart as anybody out there in the real world, but you still won't be hired if you don't have a college degree to back you up.

A high post count doesn't by default make you better or worse, but it makes you "known". I do not like to judge people on basis of their rank personally but I guess it is up to each team to decide their criteria.

If you really want to join GS I suggest you start posting in the Strat forum and trust me, they'll notice.
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Certainly, my first impression of a person's ability to contribute to a PTW team increases if I see that he has a high PC, because I assume that if he posts much, it means that he also reads much. Of course, this assumption fails to meet the facts in many cases, but it doesn't matter since I don't judge people by my first impression of them.
              That's my twenty million nanodollars.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

ok this is one more post count on my record
                Travis King
                brother made it up.)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen

If you really want to join GS I suggest you start posting in the Strat forum and trust me, they'll notice.
                  Why would anyone post in that forum to let GS see them?

I just post in the strategy forums when I got a reason for it, and want strategy tips for new games on certain levels. E.g. a whole new and interresting game situation happened to me.

It's many nice forums here, but I will never judge anyone by that so called "degree" postcount. (ok, perhaps I like some avatars better than others) Like Master Zen's. Well, I see both Emperors and Settlers making fools out of themselves every time I visit these pages. So I find it ridiculous judging anything out of postcount.

Comment

The postcount thing is silly.

As for GS, we've got 23 people already, that's the main thing. I don't care if someone is a "settler." I was a "settler" when I registered and it's not like I was a CivII newbie at the time. I'd been playing for years, but had only just discovered this site.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yeah, you made a point there.

Comment

and here is another
                        Travis King
                        brother made it up.)

Comment

Please Meglo... Help me win the discussion instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
                            Why would anyone post in that forum to let GS see them?

I just post in the strategy forums when I got a reason for it, and want strategy tips for new games on certain levels. E.g. a whole new and interresting game situation happened to me.

It's many nice forums here, but I will never judge anyone by that so called "degree" postcount. (ok, perhaps I like some avatars better than others) Like Master Zen's. Well, I see both Emperors and Settlers making fools out of themselves every time I visit these pages. So I find it ridiculous judging anything out of postcount.
                            I'm not saying that its right or it's fair. Just like there are many people in RL who are very smart yet don't have degrees and it is unfair that they have less opportunities... same here, it ain't fair. However, from the PoV of the "administrator" he needs to facilitate the selection process and will therefore use the "degree" as insurance as to someone's qualifications.

Meglo, why don't you formally ask some other teams?

BTW PlagueRat, I also like your avatar, it's one of the coolest out there
                            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Thanks... *ouch* waitaminute, I got something in my eye!

Comment

Working...
                              X