Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question: can I join? ;)

Hi guys,

I know this DG is waaay advanced but I was wondering if I can still join? I'd like the experience for the ISDG.

Usually I don't like to start things when they're already underway (I'm rather new at poly - jan 03) and I was going to wait until this was over but, well, I can't wait

So, can I?
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

I'm sure you can, but you'll have to choose a team. See the list on top of this page. But don't join Lux Invicta, they're already dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      I'm sure you can, but you'll have to choose a team. See the list on top of this page. But don't join Lux Invicta, they're already dead.
      Yeah, I heard about Lux's fate

I was aiming for Gathering Storm since I have a feeling that's where the warmonger crowd hangs

I'll join!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Good. It may last a while, though, as we first poll about new members, which may last 1-2 days, and then you have to be authorized. Similar procedure as in the ISDG (I guess, as I already left the team).

Comment

No problem Dupre...I mean, Sir Ralph... This Avatar can wait...

Comment

There is a team called Glory of War, and is filled with warmongers....And you choose GS ???

"No Comment"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
              There is a team called Glory of War, and is filled with warmongers....And you choose GS ???

Actually I based my decision on who I've crossed paths most on the Strategy forum.

But evidently warmongers abound. We shall spread like the plague...

Comment

Thats all GS needs....another top quality strategist.

Do you want to be 1 of many ?
                Or join a smaller team and pit your skills against GS, where you will have a greater voice ?

Vox & GoW are both teams who need more people with your skills. Think about leveling the skill base of all teams rather than just joining the egg heads.....(no offense to GS )
                "No Comment"

Comment

Hot_Enamel, you are exactly right.

I am therefore reconsidering my options, and I ask any other team members:

Who is in the middle of fighting/diplomacy?

Vox has only 8 members, I like playing the underdog ... I've also heard that GS is rather isolated which is not a really good way at honing my diplomatic skills.

Note that I have not yet discarded joining GS...It's just that I am so far rather unfamiliar with the strategic situation and would like to know a bit more before I make my decision.

Thanx!

Comment

ND, GoW, Lux & RP share 1 large continent
                    ND, GoW & Lux were crammed North....resulting in the first war with Lux being destroyed
                    RP have plenty of land to the south.

Vox & GS share a small continent

Lego have a large landmass all to themselves.

We all have contact with each other. Map Making has recently been discovered, and it is possible to travel to each continent by galley if desired.

So diplomacy is rocking in whatever team you want, but the most "active" I guess is on the ND, GoW, RP continent which we call Bob. I guess this is becuase the teams started so close...but I cant really speak for the others.

I would encourage you to join the GoW as we are warmonger's, are in the most "volitile" part of the planet, and do need more active members.

Regs
                    "No Comment"

Comment

Neu Demogyptica accepts every member that can read our private forum which is based on the german Civilization Webring Forum.
                      We are a bunch of german Apolyton members and the guys here were kind enough to accept us as a competitor.
                      So if you can read and write in german maybe ND is the team of your choice?
                      Last edited by Darekill; March 16, 2003, 10:46.
                      Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

'Underdogs'! Ha. All part of our strategy.

And would you rather be one of 9, or one of 24?
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

GS is neither a peaceful nor a warmongering team. We will do what is appropriate to get as far in this game as it is possible. This includes economic buildup and diplomacy as well as military actions, if necessary. But we won't start to fight just for the sake of war. So if you prefer a game of balance and reason, stick with GS. If you want to emphasize war, consider the Glory. If you're a builder, Lego is your team.

Comment

GS = The Phantom Civ.....They do not exist.
                            "No Comment"

Comment

Some people prefer to ignore the danger until it bites them in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X