No announcement yet.

Announcement from Vox Controli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks. I don't think the GoW every killed a single Luxian.

Oh, well. At least the Luxian race can continue on in the form of the one worker that survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
      Wow! Bye-bye Lux

What went wrong?
      Trusting a certain head of state would be my guess....

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

no genocide was performed. I can't get into the deatails, but we did not murder their people. We just removed their goverment.

Comment

Most of the citizens of Portia were Voxians by heritage. We simply responded to their pleas to be restored as members of The_One.

Comment

You mean that they were re-assimilated back into your culture. You could have rebuffed their request.

The choice you made was not within the dictates of the offer that was made. It's like the government saying "We're not responsible for the choices our people make."

Comment

Sounds like a set-up to me. Lux paid you, then you wiped them out. Is that what really happened?

Comment

No

there was a lot of effort on our part to keep with the deal

however, while trip and company were following the letter, they were not following the spirit

I think that the ammount of gold we gained, more than is made up for by the loses we suffered diplomatically on all fronts

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sharing some of that gold around would certainly help on the diplomatic front.

"No Comment"

Comment

Originally posted by bigfree1
                    You mean that they were re-assimilated back into your culture. You could have rebuffed their request.
                    bf1, you can't get a capital in a cultural flip, no matter how many Voxians there were in Portia, there was only one possibility for it to change allegiance: by conquest.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

indeed it would

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

Some sharing has already occured.

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

We haven't seen any of that "sharing"....

E_T
                          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                          Worship the Comic here!
                          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            I think that the ammount of gold we gained, more than is made up for by the loses we suffered diplomatically on all fronts
                            if it wasn't a deliberate choice, I might feel sorry for you there
                            "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

it didn't turn out who we would have liked

that has already been stated

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
                                We haven't seen any of that "sharing"....

E_T
                                The GoW cheque must also me in the mail.
                                (Or attached to a pigeon leg)

"No Comment"

Comment

Working...
                                X