Announcement from Vox Controli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement from Vox Controli

In a rare public appearance, The One of Vox Controli made the following announcement to the nation today. He asked that I share this with the international community.

... BetaHound, Voice of Foreign Affairs, Vox Controli

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The One - speaking from the central balcony of the Palace of the Voice, in Vox Controli (10pm, est, March 5, 1400 BC)

"It is with a heavy heart that I speak to you today. It was not long ago that we undertook our noble initiative in social engineering - the saving of Lux Invicta from extinction. Our intent was indeed both noble and kind-hearted. At considerable risk and expense to ourselves, we 'gifted' a city, renamed Portia, to Lux Invicta, thus allowing them to emigrate their refugees from the continental conflict. That was a conflict which we knew little of, and which we were not part of. We did not, and have not, taken "sides." We, the Voxians, simply did not want to see a civilization exit the world scene this early in our collective history.

It is, therefore, extremely unfortunate that this initiative did not succeed. I could discuss the numerous in's and out's of this complex issue and the resulting problems, but I believe it is sufficient if I say that the situation clearly became untenable for Vox Controli.

I announce to you today that Vox Controli has taken back the city known as Portia. This was not a decison that was taken lightly or easily.

Regrettably, Lux Invicta is no more."
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Wow, this is unexpected news.
    Aggie
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Wow! Bye-bye Lux

What went wrong?
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

Whoah, this is news to me.

edit: Looks like I'm going to be emigrating to a new civ now. Who wants to take me on?

Comment

Amazing stuff

How ironic is it that the TTA (Trash Trip's Ass) had totally nothing to do with their demise, but yet it was 3 other civs who did the dirty work.

Simply stunning. I gotta say though, I believe I saw it coming....
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
            Wow! Bye-bye Lux

What went wrong?
            What went right?

Comment

I was referring to the Voxes, not to the Luxes. What went wrong with the city leasing? But I might be interested in hearing that too: what went right?
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

OMG!

err wait, I already knew about this

Comment

Vox killed a whole nation!! Murderer!!!
                  Last edited by [DG]mav_son; March 6, 2003, 06:14.

Comment

Well i tnk vox got now some NEW members more

That all sound more like a agreement.

Sir Leif

Comment

Genocide. Cool.
                      j/k

I'm really sorry to see this happen, but such are the rules of the game. It's too bad though, that Vox have thrown Lux the lifeline and yet Lux was ungrateful and uncooperative and gave Vox hell in negotiations. I hate to see Lux go, but I think it's mainly their fault - you can't play several civs against each other forever, especially not when your continued existence depends on one of those civs.
                      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

There is going to be just some magical stories to tell when this game is over.

Actually...I guess we have to decide if its even worth continuing now that Trips ass has been well and truely kicked

Joking aside, I gotta say Lux fought it out to the bitter end, and lasted a lot longer than any of us thought. Although some of their early tactics were questionable, they certainly earned my respect in the end.

I personally would welcome their membership into the GoW team.
                        "No Comment"

Comment

Re: Announcement from Vox Controli

Originally posted by BetaHound
                          This was not a decison that was taken lightly or easily.
                          Sure...

Comment

I could discuss the numerous in's and out's of this complex issue and the resulting problems, but I believe it is sufficient if I say that the situation clearly became untenable for Vox Controli.
                            oops...
                            Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                            King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                            ---------
                            May God Bless.

Comment

I've always susspectet that Lux Invicta would be capable to make "friends" where ever they go. I was right obviously.
                              Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Working...
                              X