T I M E C O U N T E R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T I M E C O U N T E R

This turn lasts over 80 hours now... and so i decided to start a counter for the game... please believe me i don't want to lose friends here with that idea :-) My counter is only counting ... that's all...

if you have any comments write it here...
    and please continue to use the SAVED GAME THREAD to give my counter a chance! thank you...

and good luck for the game...!

visit my TIME COUNTER
    Consul of the Republic of Neu Demogyptica
    See our official announcements HERE!

Did you write a program that automatically checks the thread and updates itself?

Comment

No the first days i will update it by hand... if the feedback is good and if the idea with the green hours is optimised then probably i will ask you if you allow me to program a mailing list which can automatically log the send date of the game files and update the 7 clocks in real time... would be a nice little software :-)

but at the moment i a m a little bit afraid that you think i am overacting :-))

Comment

Sounds fair enough. Let's put it through a test period.
        Cool design too!
        Last edited by Shiber; December 22, 2002, 12:31.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Re: T I M E C O U N T E R

Originally posted by Borc
          This turn lasts over 80 hours now... and so i decided to start a counter for the game... please believe me i don't want to lose friends here with that idea :-) My counter is only counting ... that's all...

if you have any comments write it here...
          and please continue to use the SAVED GAME THREAD to give my counter a chance! thank you...

and good luck for the game...!

visit my TIME COUNTER
          Good idea, Borc!

The page looks pretty nice even as a work of art...

Just one small correction: the second player for Legoland is not Spiffor, but me, vondrack. Be so kind and update the page to avoid any confusion. Thanks!

Comment

Borc - one thumbs up for the concept and another one for the time counter chart .

(maybe Firaxis will include it in their next patch )
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

spiffor changed to vondrack thank you...!

Comment

Two thumbs up!
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Another change:

GoW - Ghengis Farb is the current leader/player. I don't know of a second player yet...
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
                    Another change:

GoW - Ghengis Farb is the current leader/player. I don't know of a second player yet...
                    Donegeal played the last turn, if I'm not available he usually is, but I have no problem with any other member of our team playing the save. We tend to have our turns and unit movements planned for the next 10-15 turns in advance anyway.

Comment

A lot of issues need to be addressed. What happens when the email with the save bounces because some leader's ISP is down or his inbox is full, or if say, a jet engine falls through one of the leaders' roof, smashing his computer to bits but not killing him because thankfully he'd been away, and now he's alive but his other clock is ticking.
                      Also, did the last sentence make any sense to you? If you answered no, you ought to watch the movie Donnie Darko. If you answered yes, you ought to watch the movie Donnie Darko.
                      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

What happens when the counter gets to 0?

Comment

Originally posted by pikesfan
                          What happens when the counter gets to 0?
                          Ghengis will have a huge excess of hours; he will certainly organize a market for getting rid of it.
                          Statistical anomaly.
                          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

But what happens to a team if its counter reaches 0?

Comment

Originally posted by pikesfan
                              But what happens to a team if its counter reaches 0?
                              As Borc was suggesting - this is just a counter for now. An experiment to see if it is a method which might work on aiding the pace of play. There was some discussion on the moves discussion thread about the team forfeiting the game, missing x number of moves, or something like that. But for now, I agree with Borc. Let's see if the approach works.
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X