The Persuadable Nature of the Glory of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Persuadable Nature of the Glory of War

Are your enemies troubling you; is that trade embargo against you more than you can stand? Just can't build military units when youre building temples? We have a solution:

For a small donation, you can make the mercenary armies of the Glory of War available to lay waste to your enemies, to cause panic in their streets, and pandemonium in their capitol! We will cause havoc for your foes for a mere pittance!

Just PM the (soon to be appointed) foreign consul from the Glory of War team, and we will set you up with the most power you have had in years!!
    Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
    King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
    ---------
    May God Bless.

Roleplay

Sigh. Mercenaries. An idea long thrown away. Glory of War agents must be raiding my trash can again, blast! Only the GoW would use other's discarded ideas and exploit them as if they were their own. Diabolical they are. Full of the dark side are they.

end Roleplay

Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Just you wait until someone hires us to get you!!! Then you won't be laughing!!!
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
        Roleplay

Sigh. Mercenaries. An idea long thrown away. Glory of War agents must be raiding my trash can again, blast! Only the GoW would use other's discarded ideas and exploit them as if they were their own. Diabolical they are. Full of the dark side are they.
        (cont. roleplay)

My Famillia Grande can use these soldiers to oppose the diktatorè nationale .
        We are to run our selves and reinstate the Board of ñoblez familiaz.
        When the Guardia Civile henchmen are after our heads to put upon a silver platãz, we have someone they can play "bull-run" with, before we send them back to the dictator in a huge paella.....
        Or can we hire an assasino significante?
        What a great opportunity for us!

end Roleplay
        Last edited by ThePlagueRat; November 26, 2002, 19:16.
        My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
          Just you wait until someone hires us to get you!!! Then you won't be laughing!!!
          Just kidding.

Comment

What if you were hired by two opposing sides at once? Do you take their money, slam their heads together and walk away?
            :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
              What if you were hired by two opposing sides at once? Do you take their money, slam their heads together and walk away?
              I was about to ask the same thing.

Panzer don't worry, I'm sure your team's strategy shall benefit you in many ways, although I wonder if any team will ever now come to trust you if loyalties are so easily changed...

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
                We keep bargaining until we get the best deal, I guess. Either that, or we just take them both on and just keep all of the cities we capture (you can't give captured cities to extinct civilizations!!!
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

I wonder if any team will ever now come to trust you if loyalties are so easily changed...
                  We will be totally loyal until the terms of the agreement have run out. The Glory of War may be warmongers, but we're not uncivilized (I think)
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat

(cont. roleplay)

My Famillia Grande can use these soldiers to oppose the diktatorè nationale .
                    We are to run our selves and reinstate the Board of ñoblez familiaz.
                    When the Guardia Civile henchmen are after our heads to put upon a silver platãz, we have someone they can play "bull-run" with, before we send them back to the dictator in a huge paella.....
                    Or can we hire an assasino significante?
                    What a great opportunity for us!

end Roleplay
                    [rp]

If you were under the impression that the eyes and ears of the most illustrious tyrant of Iberia were not observing this discussion, you were wrong As long as you take care to remain in the good graces of his grace, you can assume that your head should be safe and you may even be rewarded for loyalty. Should you cross his grace, however, it is not recommended for you compound the error by committing treason - it will not aid your cause.

Just a friendly piece of advice...

(from the office of the "Most Trusted Advisor" to Supreme Leader Togas)

[/rp]
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Our storm gods will warn us of any betrayal, should there be any.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

[rp]

As long as you take care to remain in the good graces of his grace, you can assume that your head should be safe and you may even be rewarded for loyalty.
                        [/rp]

[rp]

Huh? The usual split-end tongue og a dictatõre advisor.
                        Promises, promises... and threats?
                        Please go back and rub his back with your olive oil !
                        *sitting down* Uno, dos, tres... *calming down*

Uh, Thanks for the advise señor.
                        You just do your job, so that your head won't fall.
                        I understand...

The honor and destiny of many good men is at stake now,
                        we will need the mercenaries to get things right.
                        So don't you come near my Hacienda, unless you are unarmed
                        and bringing us good wine. *making nice gestures*

*just a bit serious-looking*
                        My familia, the Plagiãtes Clan, will take care of business
                        in OUR OWN way! And we shall hire the security force.
                        Perhaps the dictatõre will be rewarded by us?
                        In our own special way.

[/rp]

Comment

i was the 1 vote against being mercs in case anyone cares

[edit: actually there were 3 votes against it. sorry]
                          Last edited by Inverse Icarus; November 27, 2002, 11:37.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                            Our storm gods will warn us of any betrayal, should there be any.
                            It struck me... Does anyone else have their own distinct civ-specific religion? Could make an interesting roleplay
                            :-p

Comment

[rp]

Olé-olé, Señores and Senõritas!
                              I got an important statement to make:

I have been talking to my father, El grande padre del Plagiãtes,
                              ,the dictatõre henchmen, and the government representative.
                              We have come to an agreement.

Our family-clan will not hire these mercenaries, and leave all control of armed forces to the dictatõre, Señor Togas.
                              The Plagiãtes apologizes for the inconvenience the merc.leasers might have had, and we hereby pledge our allegiance to the Spanish nation under his dictatorship, the beefeater grande Señor Togas...

Yours, Pedro Peligroso.

[/rp]

Comment

Working...
                              X