No announcement yet.

Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongols would be great for the UU, but their traits are the worst combo that exists...

I'd also argue that the Arab traits AND UU are better than the Mongols. If you want to go expansionist warmonger, the Arabs and Mongols are best... but I think the Arabs would be better (and thus I wonder why the Glory of War team hasn't talked about taking them yet... )

Personally, I'd rather go with the following (now considering both game interest and role-playing):

NEW CIV(S):
    Carthage

OLD CIVS:
    Rome (those legionaries have a defensive value of 3 as well... Would be GREAT for role-playing)
    Japan (Samurai kick major a**... role-play would be a blast, and their traits can be devastatingly effective if you want to go warmonger)
    Greece (awesome traits, awesome UU, wonderful role-play possibilities.. ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT THE FACES OF DRAMA AS OUR LOGO )
    Persia (awesome traits, awesome UU, semi-fair RP possibilities)

Korea would be great for the traits, but their UU is simply attrocious. Spain would be good for RP, but their UU AND THEIR TRAITS are lousy. The Ottomons are great for traits and UU, but it seems that a number of people really don't want to RP them. Celts are all-around pretty decent, but I don't think they match up with Carthage.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• TEAM CHAT

MEMBERS OF THE TEAM:

I believe that we need to hold a team chat.

At such a chat, we could hammer out some prelimary work on resolving the following issues:

1. Primary civ choice and what civ we would take if we lose the rock-paper-scissors for our primary choice
      2. Ideas for an official team name (to replace the place-holder name of "role-play team")

Additional issues that we could begin working on (of the list Trip made of things needed by December 1st) would be:

1. Determing who would be the first Supreme Leader and what powers he would have (and what powers and rights others would have).
      2. A defined means of handling at least change in positions and power under despotism (we can work out how monarchy and republic might work during the game if we can't work that out before it starts).
      3. Determing what advisors the Supreme Leader will need and who might fill those roles. Specifically, we will need someone to handle Public Relations (NewZupdates, etc.) and someone to handle inter-team diplomacy. These decisions will likely be made AFTER the Supreme Leader is decided, as it's entirely possible the Supreme Leader could ALSO be the team's head diplomat or that he would have the right to appoint the team's diplomat during our time under despotism, etc.

SUGGESTED TIME FOR A TEAM CHAT:

How about this Saturday? The next single-player Apolyton turnchat is tomorrow (Friday) and I'm planning to hold my chat as VP on Sunday evening, so I know that Saturday is free

I'd personally suggest sometime around 2000-2200 GMT (as I think most people can make that), but other times might work as well.

Comment

• I've just thought of the wisdom of PMing people with this idea (to make sure it gets noticed).

Comment

• CHAT IS A 'GO'

Ok, I've heard back from several people... it sounds like doing a chat this Saturday is a 'go'

Here's the time that seems to be preferred:

2000 GMT (8 p.m. GMT)
          That's 3 p.m. EST for those of us in North America.

I figure we can do the IRC chat on Undernet in the following channel (we'll form it for the chat):

#civ3rp

I figure that's a channel name which likely won't be taken for some other purpose

--------------

btw, wasn't able to get out the PM version of the above to all team members because my connection seems to be on the fritz tonight (that or Apolyton is on the fritz tonight...)

Comment

• I was one of those who Arnelos heard from. I will do my best to be there, but cannot promise as RL is crazy and hectic.

Saturday, 3pm. Got it.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday?

I thought such ungodly times existed only for the C3DG, and only during the summer.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Oh, please, don't make me get up before 6 AM on a Sunday. I'd be fine with a couple of hours later, though.

Comment

• I'm free between 2000 & 2400 on Saturday so if we need to move it back a few hours to give our Aussie friends a bit more sleep, I'm fine with that.

Let's try to iron out our civ choice and discuss rules and procedures for the team. We'll need a few "out of character" rules to move things along. Arnelos' agenda is great.

If any of you can make it to this chat, please do. I hope that we will be able to finalize our civ (or at least get it down to a run-off for 1st & 2nd choice) by the end of this chat and do a little team bonding in the process.

--Togas
                  Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                  Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                  Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                  Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• Saturday 22h GMT sounds like the best for me (23h in western Europe, 14h in western US, 17h in eastern US, and Sunday 9h in eastern Australia)
                    "Great artists have no country."
                    -Alfred de Musset

Comment

• Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                        Sounds good to me.
                        Not sure about 9h in Melbourne though... That's what timezoneconverter.com told me but from this forum's times you are +10GMT so it should be 8h for you
                        Looks light daylight savings time headache
                        "Great artists have no country."
                        -Alfred de Musset

Comment

• Re: CHAT IS A 'GO'

Originally posted by Arnelos

2000 GMT (8 p.m. GMT)
                          That's 3 p.m. EST for those of us in North America.

I figure we can do the IRC chat on Undernet in the following channel (we'll form it for the chat):

#civ3rp

It's fine for me
                          Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                          Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• Not sure about 9h in Melbourne though... That's what timezoneconverter.com told me but from this forum's times you are +10GMT so it should be 8h for you
                            Looks light daylight savings time headache
                            I think it depends on whether we use actual GMT or Apolyton time, which is one hour ahead. Either one is fine by me.

Comment

• I'm not sure I can make it either time, but I iwll try to check in if possible.
                              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

• The time is OK for me.
                                Statistical anomaly.
                                The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X