Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Togas
    Next issue on my mind: Who amongst us is interested in leadership? Who's good at what?--Togas
    Since this will be my first Democracy Game I will be content to keep in second line and help the leaders in what I can
    "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
    "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Well, in my opinion, the Ottomans would be lousy for roleplay. Their history is mottled, and filled, literally, with incredibly dark and nasty stories. For example, do we really want to talk about how we capture the cities and impale everyone who stands out against us? Do we really want to talk about the fact that alot of boys were sent to the Sultan's harem for the Sultan's enjoyment (the sick pig)? Do we really want to mention that all the male heirs besides the Sultan were to be murdered, or, in nicer times, incarcerated in a single, dark, crampted space known as the Cage for the rest of their lives? I'd prefer not to go for the Ottomans, as, really, they were a repulsive bunch.

Of course, the Carthaginians have only two problems...1) Their religion, which included burning babies in sacrifice...2) Roleplay after Ancient Age. Personally, I'd prefer to play the Carthaginians, because, overlooking religion, I think we'd all get a kick out of playing them. Besides, they were, many believe, very democratic in their government historically.

The Carthaginians are obviously a better choice all around than the Ottomans.

The Celts are a good choice roleplay wise. The UU is OK, though, as pointed out above.

Spain is also a good choice roleplay wise, but it seems the UU smells.

I'd prefer Carthage. C'mon Hannibal!
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Hi everybody !

I would like to join your team. I find the idea to roleplaying simply genial !

I dont have PTW yet, as I'm located in Switzerland, but I think it wouldn't be a problem in the beginning of this game.

Since my english isn't very good, I would mostly be an ardent fan instead a very active player, I hope you can understand.

My preferred civ will be the Spanish for this game, but Carthage and Celts are also good.

Togas, could you confirm me if I'm accepted ?
        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix
          Togas, could you confirm me if I'm accepted ?
          Right now we have no maximum number, so everyone who's interested is accepted.

Please vote in our poll for your civilization choice.

--Togas
          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I'm joining, but I'm waiting for my PTW copy.

I still say: "CARTHAGE!"
            Empire growing,
            Pleasures flowing,
            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix
              Hi everybody !

I would like to join your team. I find the idea to roleplaying simply genial !

I dont have PTW yet, as I'm located in Switzerland, but I think it wouldn't be a problem in the beginning of this game.
              I am an spanish international student in Switzerland. What a coincidence! Please to meet you!
              "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
              "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Thank you Togas, it'll be a very funny game

Comment

Originally posted by oliverfa

I am an spanish international student in Switzerland. What a coincidence! Please to meet you!
                  Fine ! Me too

Comment

I'd like to create religion, myths and so on from scratch too for our civ instead of using the civ's own background. Creating stories is what roleplaying is all about! And our civ's destiny will probably be very different from the civ we'll be playing (especially if we choose Carthage ), so using a real life civ's background sounds pointless for me. But I guess we'll have to set up a poll for this once we've choosed our civ.
                    "Great artists have no country."
                    -Alfred de Musset

Comment

• hmmm...interesting....the Mongols. Militaristic and Expansionalistic, not the best traits, but could be fun to roleplay. Imagine, a team full of UberKruX type people....

Whats the UU?
                      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

• Originally posted by jdjdjd
                        Whats the UU?
                        Keshik, 4/2/2 knight. I've read that it's cheaper than normal knight and needs only 1 movement point to cross mountain (I don't have the game yet so I can't confirm).
                        "Great artists have no country."
                        -Alfred de Musset

Comment

• the knight costs 70; the keshik is 60... so not much cheaper, but yes, it does treat mountains like grasslands
                          "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

• Wow. Looks like we have many people on board. I would not mind being in charge for the first month or two... just that RL schedule until early to mid december is crazy. Throught the holidays it should be no particular problem for me however.

Experience, well, I was City Planner for two terms in the C3DG. I also have a tendency of just doing things and polling the people after the fact... which should work ok for this stage of the game... but I do NOT want to leave anybody out. So, If elected to be our first dictator, I suspect the first couple of weeks will amount to just me playing the first 10-20 turns, and posting it for people to see and comment on. Once we discover something usefull, Such as new city sites, goodie huts with free tech, our neighbors, etc, then I could see appointing people to lead our discussions regarding these issues, and going on from there.

I would not be upset if I am not our first dictator however, as it will give me more time to plot his overthrough through some truly diabolical means......

In regards to the civ we have.. well, I plan on using a combination of real history and whatever I feel like making up for RP purposes. Hopefully it will be a fun balance.
                            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• As for leadership... my tendencies are somewhat similar to Togas in terms of executive leadership and diplomacy being my primary interests

However, I could also do economics, war (I'm pretty decent at fighting wars when I DO fight them, but I'm a "reluctant warrior"), or public works. City planning would likely be the area I'm least interested in.

The first dictator, I agree, should be a good general over other considerations. With so few cities, he can get good advice from great people on city management (since there's so little to manage), but moving around those early military units will be largely on his shoulders alone.

Btw, as you all already know... I heartily join with History Guy's call:

CARTHAGE!!!
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Maybe Mongols ain't so bad....

Of course, I would support GK....and agree we need to make up some stuff, especiially if we are Carthage, I mean I can only take the elephants crossing the Alps thing so far.
                                Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                                "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Working...
                                X