The Glory of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glory of War

Trip wants diversity in his team and talks about how this diversity will help his team avoid pitfalls that a single minded group might miss. He also talks about how he belives that a straight warmongering team won't win (or might not win). I would actually agree with him. I tend to believe that diversity is what has made the Apolyton Civ III demo game so succesful. However, since we will be playing against other humans, old stragety will be thrown out the window and we will have to start from scratch. New questions will be asked (like diversity over single-mindedness) and answers will need to be made. And since I think of PTW teams as just a learning tool for when we destroy the other Civ sites, I am proposing that this team that I am forming will be single-minded and tend toward victory through war.

Come Warmongers! Join this team and show the superiourity of War!

I am looking for active participants in this team, the size of which will be limited to no more than 30 citizens (people who can actually vote and run for office). The Code of Laws for this team will be the NewCon of the Apolyton Civ III demo game (with changes that team members will discuss and vote on before the start of the game). I am also hoping to entice GF to join this team so he can set up a $Mini-game open to all civilans (open to all members of Apolyton).

This will be a 'warmonger' team and I hope that someone else follows my line of thinking and sets up a 'builder' team so we can actually answer some things about human v human stragety.

In final, I will be pushing for all teams to start as a random civ and play on smaller maps (to make the games go quicker so we can get together more frequently to discuss what we did and why); tiny, small and regular.

Current Members:
    1. Donegeal
    2. UnOrthOdOx
    3. Jdd2007
    4. GhengisFarb
    5. Aro
    6. UberKruX
    7. korn469
    8. Panzer32
    9. =OttomusCeasar=
    10. Ennet
    11. Aggie
    Last edited by Donegeal; November 11, 2002, 10:41.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Sign me up here. It is an interesting project, actually, and I am a tester at heart. What better test than a single minded aproach. I won't be all that active for about a month, however.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

edit: forget it
      Last edited by Inverse Icarus; October 31, 2002, 12:15.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Hey Uber, nice sig....

This team can choose to pick a civ if its wants, but, I as an individual, prefer that all teams start random. Its the order in chaos theroy. If all are random, then all are in chaos. If all are in chaos, then all are equal. However, if this team wants to choose a civ, so be it. I and we will be at the whim of the team.

I have also been doing some flag work. Tell me what you think of this:
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Dammit! Why can't I ever get a pic to stick?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Donegeal; November 4, 2002, 19:38.

Comment

make it a gif or jpg
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Oh well, close enough.

hehehe! Notice the resemblance to my country flag?

Comment

i want to join this group, don. lets get fightin!

Comment

I joined Togas' group, but if that one doesn't work out, I will gladly join you folks.
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

It doesn't look there is going to be enough people in the Simpsons group for the first game, so I would prefer to be in this group.

Comment

It's an experience, I can see... I'm a tester, too!
                      Not to mention the old friends here...
                      Count me in!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Excellent! Now Ghengis will have Monstrous Maps to go along with his Magnificent $Mini-game!

We will do all that we can to um... aquire all the tiles you desire!

Comment

war as life

I'd hate to be the Civs located next to your team... especially with such an upfront approach to what you plan do with them. Though I consider myself a hawk, I would prefer a little deception in the matters of war. One of my favorite quotes Apolyton is always meting out is
                          Make peace with your enemies every once in awhile; it confuses the hell out of them
                          IMHO, such an in-your-face stance could prove to be an insurmountable obstacle to diplomacy and trade. Like starting out a single player game with ever other civ positive that you are evil
                          "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

yes... i wonder, with such an upfront warmongering attitude...

how do you expect all your neighbor civs to ignore you?

they will surely put heavy defences on their borders with you, and perhaps decide its better to take out the threat before it stings.
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I'll echo Ninot here. You guys may want to curb back your concept a little. If my Civ ran into this one, we'd immediately build up an army and pull in allies to try to crush it before it took our wine resources and women.

Maybe structure it as a more noble, proud, honorable civ that keeps it's word and heavily punishes transgressors. A civ that has no qualms in taking resources if a fair agreement cannot be reached. A civ that would be an excellent ally, and a horrible enemy.

Just something to think about. You never want to go into a game with other humans and be the "evil Civ" ... that kind of a bad reputation will make the game really difficult for you.

Unless you like that sort of challange. I dunno.

--Togas
                              Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                              Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                              Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                              Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Working...
                              X