X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a border agreement with RP 1$
    Having an argument with GS 5$
    Having a trusted allie priceless.....

Besides up to now our alies never were paied and they still are allies. Maybe the mistake of RP was to think you can pay allies. You have to win them by handle them with fairness, that's how it works
    Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

5/6 Riders........not much, we have Leos. Anyway on defense they had better odds than on offense against Pamploma

4 catapults for bait........ Free, RP donated

Watching RP waste pikes that could really have done damage on defense, on offense..........Priceless

Watching RP have a "oh Sh#t" moment since they now reallize that they have weakened their forces more than the 8 Riders could have on offense..............Priceless

Watching RP now delay as they try to decide whether they should gift the rest of their cities for enough troops to defend pamploma or just raze pamploma..............
      BEYOND PRICELESS

Aggie
      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

/me wonders how many catapults GS is going to city gift teleport to Roleplay now................

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
          Watching RP waste pikes that could really have done damage on defense, on offense..........Priceless

Watching RP have a "oh Sh#t" moment since they now reallize that they have weakened their forces more than the 8 Riders could have on offense..............Priceless

BEYOND PRICELESS

Aggie
          I'm not sure the Pikes would have really been that useful being on the mountain north of Alamo when you attack. They usually defend alot better from inside the city.

Although now there's a pikeman blocking the route to the city.

GoW not knowing what's going on...... Priceless
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

That true OPD, but unless rp had a super rng, they had to use pike from Pamploma. No matter what they also had to use Knights from pamploma. Do the math.
            Knights 4 vs rider on forest 3.75 is better than
            Rider 4 vs Knight in capital city fortified 6.75.

I do salute their bravery, since it takes nerve to send
            Pike1 againt Riders 3.75, even if the rides are reduced.(This is where my multiplayer inexperience shows)

But since a war of attritution helps us far more than RP, still the results are to me........Priceless

Aggie
            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Everything has its price.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

That or utter stupidity.

I await the backlash.........
                Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 21, 2003, 14:33.

Comment

Backlash.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Hmmm....a 40 shield MI against a 70 Shield Rider....

To put the icing on the cake...a 30 shield 4/4 Pike has better than a 60% chance at defeating a 1/5 Rider...plus he moves closer to Pamplona

Thats all the clues you get for now you filthy warmonger's.

Comment

That true OPD, but unless rp had a super rng, they had to use pike from Pamploma. No matter what they also had to use Knights from pamploma. Do the math.
                      Knights 4 vs rider on forest 3.75 is better than
                      Rider 4 vs Knight in capital city fortified 6.75.

Pike1 againt Riders 3.75, even if the rides are reduced.(This is where my multiplayer inexperience shows)

But since a war of attritution helps us far more than RP, still the results are to me........Priceless

Aggie
                      Aggie must have no idea just how many catapults and medieval infantry have been sitting in Pamplona gathering dust since the start of the war waiting for some action.... they finally got some.

When faced with 2 1-hp elite riders remaining, it just seemed appropriate to deliver the coup de grace with a few regular pikemen from the mountain rather than wounding any knights from Pamplona.
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

Aggie must have no idea just how many catapults and medieval infantry have been sitting in Pamplona gathering dust since the start of the war waiting for some action.... they finally got some.

When faced with 2 1-hp elite riders remaining, it just seemed appropriate to deliver the coup de grace with a few regular pikemen from the mountain rather than wounding any knights from Pamplona.
                        You tell me how accurate this is. I estimated 5pike and 5 offensive units in Pamploma, after last turn. I hope that thes 5 are mi, but suspect at least 2 and maybe all 5 are knights(I know there were some horse and you have the ability to upgrade). I know also that you had quite a few catapults(seen during the nd counterattack) and those are still in pamploma. Was I right?.

Anyway this gives 9 offensive units to attack our 8 riders there. At least that was my thinking. I really wasn't expect pike to attack too, but that is just gravy, if some of them weaken.

Aggie

Comment

:LOL:

Like we are going to tell you about our troop numbers and composition we have left in Pamplona....

Nice try Aggie.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                            Like we are going to tell you about our troop numbers and composition we have left in Pamplona....

Nice try Aggie.
                            They CAN be taught!

Comment

All the same, I applaud RP's effort.

Well done, Spanish nobles and Pikemen alike!!
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                                :LOL:

Nice try Aggie.

Like we were going to tell you how GoW was managing war weariness for "ISDG purposes". Nice try BF better luck next time.
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X