No announcement yet.

Teams that are Allies.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - Before I start my begging for forgiveness post...

It was reported, that a far north city (vox territory) was gifted to RP.

RP accepted it after us, so we didnt see it.
    RP gifted it back to GS preaccepted, so again we did not see it.

This all occurred...1st round of the war I think.
    If it wasnt done to warp units back to the GS capital, then why did it occur.

Again, must be old news now, so it should be so important.
    "No Comment"

Comment

Master zen, I think for time saving purposes

Personally,

Save SHARING(not playing) : no problem

Inviting other team members into each others forum : yes problem
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen

Then why would you share it in the first place? You're admitting there's nothing that can't be shared through the forums, and also through other means like screenshots.
        To save time in information sent, questions asked, responses sent, more questions asked... He seeks to speed the game, not give RP's position to some other team to play.

However, it is being opposed, so...
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
          This all occurred...1st round of the war I think.
          If it wasnt done to warp units back to the GS capital, then why did it occur.
          Two RP horsemen sent to Pamplona. And a gift of some GS cats to RP.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The bulk of our army was already in the South, only a few units were left in the North to guard against a Vox uprising.

So, it wasn't to move our units.

As NYE said, we gave RP some cats and moved two horses to pamplona. I daresay those forces wouldn't help hold anything for very long. Oh, and their galley IIRC moved a few squares west, but that was just merely consequential.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Ahh .. OK, I need a few hours to write up my "I am stupid what is your name" post.

"No Comment"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

Ahh .. OK, I need a few hours to write up my "I am stupid what is your name" post.

I think we understand why you would think that, I think we would think the same thing as well.

However, keep in mind that there was a bit of time after the vox war and the evacuation plan was well into action, temperature was thawing there.

Also keep in mind our intergroup discussions on the RP war. Had RP not approached us, we likely would have moved to capture some outposts on Eastern Bob from them. Thus we had many knights within boarding range of our fleet. Our invasion force became a defensive force. Convenient, eh?

Comment

One thing that hasn't been addressed as far as I can tell...

In 1.27f the mobilization bug is fixed. Is it fixed in a PBEM like this where it's been going since 1.14f? I don't have a computer capable of quickly testing ('quickly' being anything under several frustrating hours of lag)...

If 'exploits' are going to be allowed based on the individual team's discretion, the mobilization bug would absolutely ruin the game if one team allowed it. I doubt any would, but the term 'spite' is being used, and that can never be underestimated. Even Vox could basically take on the world using this... every city (except the first one in the build queue, which would ideally be set to finish something every turn 'normally') could complete any unit/improvement/wonder every turn.

The other major exploit that comes to mind is the FP/OCN 'feature', which would allow a team lucky enough to get a Leader and has an FP back home to basically eliminate OCN corruption altogether. It's something that can double or triple the commerce and production a civ can produce.

Comment

I think some cheats, like the mobilization bug, or a leader farming with an ally is so game-unstabilizing it would totally make me think twice about participating in this types of games since it gives such a huge advantage to the cheater there is no legitimate way of countering it.
                    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                      One thing that hasn't been addressed as far as I can tell...

In 1.27f the mobilization bug is fixed. Is it fixed in a PBEM like this where it's been going since 1.14f? I don't have a computer capable of quickly testing ('quickly' being anything under several frustrating hours of lag)...

If 'exploits' are going to be allowed based on the individual team's discretion, the mobilization bug would absolutely ruin the game if one team allowed it. I doubt any would, but the term 'spite' is being used, and that can never be underestimated. Even Vox could basically take on the world using this... every city (except the first one in the build queue, which would ideally be set to finish something every turn 'normally') could complete any unit/improvement/wonder every turn.

The other major exploit that comes to mind is the FP/OCN 'feature', which would allow a team lucky enough to get a Leader and has an FP back home to basically eliminate OCN corruption altogether. It's something that can double or triple the commerce and production a civ can produce.
                      Can you elaborate? I am not at all familiar with the first item you mentioned, and have only heard of the second in passing.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Another GoW type hitting my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                          I've noticed for a very long time that we successfully had Master Zen convinced that the reason for the Inchon operation was to transfer GS troops from one point to another in GS territory rather than to warp our 2 horsemen home to Pamplona (and get a few cats in the process).

Now why, after I think over a month of successfully hiding the real reason for the Inchon operation, did we have to go and spill the beans on that?

* Arnelos looks at the rest of this thread

oh...

Yeah, the real reason probably isn't as bad as the one they thought anyhow and knowing certainly dosn't tell them anything terribly useful anymore.
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

to Theseus for his honest post.
                            to NYE for revealing the Inchon mystery.

And another to the attempt to codify what is allowed and what is not (though I believe that would be for some other demogame, not for this one - rules should not be set/changed midway).

Regarding the "valid arguments" for allowing another team access to your save... BF, there is little need for "valid arguments". From what I can tell, there is VERY little support for the idea, no matter what team posters are from. Simply put, vast majority of people involved in this game seem to feel against it (see the vote results).

I guess that's valid enough...

Comment

It seems people are opposed to this idea. The only thing I don't like about this oppostition is that most are saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "it just doesn't feel right" Forget feelings. This is a game. It is supposed to be enjoyable. Copying down detailed notes about each turn and the passing them to another team; back and forth a few times per turn, does not add to the enjoyment of the game for me.

People usually oppose new/radical ideas to start off with. Maybe by the time the first Civ5 DG starts they will warm up to this a bit.

Comment

I'm glad we cleared the Inchon thing up.

It's funny how, in absense of the facts, speculation can conjure all sorts of dark things (this goes for us too).

Most of our forces were in the south. I had been practically screaming that we needed our attack force in position to load galleys and launch at a moment's notice... lest we lose our chance at capturing RP's coastal towns. It just so happened that this was also useful for defending those towns.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X