Teams that are Allies.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that what Sauron would do?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
      Is that what Sauron would do?
      The double shot technique with the D battery powered "Great Banana"?

Comment

• Yes. I hear that's how he likes it.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Not the double shot technique. But the double move exploit you used for certain.
          I wouldn't call it an exploit ,less so than the teleport bug, due to the fact that it has a cost associated with it. Its not a free ride since you have to be in a state of war to do it and thats cuts lux and resource for a turn. The real need for this comes from the poor way alliances are done in this game. I like how it is done in AC much better. There should be GS pikes fortifing pamploma and ND pikes defending some of our cities.

Do I wish that these little tricks hadn't been used, YES. But unfortunately the line was crossed a long time ago and once the genie is out of the bottle it out to stay. I still think we can/should all get together and make some REAL HORRIBLE exploits illegal. Most of us can agree on those and I don't think any will ever be used anyway(thus the question "why make them illegal in the 1st place"). Then we can work on the others case by case.

However, many would say the above mentioned ones are not exploits and wouldn't want them gone.

Now on a lighter subject.
          I forgot you GS/RP heathens weren't aquainted to the true religion of The Great Banana,"D battery version". So perhaps I will have to stage my own inquisition.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aggie
            Now you all know this couldn’t really happen this way, but you also know that if anybody could plan and execute such a truly evil plan, the person writing this could(Lets face it, my avatar is Sauron).
            Nice but I like my evil plan better. At least it's working
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Not the double shot technique. But the double move exploit you used for certain.
              As opposed to giftings cities and "magically" transporting catapults across oceans.........

Comment

• I wouldn't call it an exploit ,less so than the teleport bug, due to the fact that it has a cost associated with it. Its not a free ride since you have to be in a state of war to do it and thats cuts lux and resource for a turn. The real need for this comes from the poor way alliances are done in this game. I like how it is done in AC much better. There should be GS pikes fortifing pamploma and ND pikes defending some of our cities.
                Of course it is the exploit of a game bug. Units that moved should have their movement points removed for that turn, period. They can be captured, but not be moved or shoot a second time anymore. And there is no real need to move the same unit twice in one turn, poor man alliances or not. By the way, city gifting costs the production of this city and all shields and it had accumulated, too. Nothing is for free.

That said, all this stuff like city gifting, unit teleporting, minimap and screenshot changing, the catapult exploit, the island block and alike ruin the game for me. These dirty tricks have nothing to do with the civilization game I like. I'm unhappy that they were used and I think they should be banned. The inevitable crap talking of some individuals does the rest. I will stick this game out, although I lost 99% of my interest. I regret to have joined the second game, though.

Comment

• Which team are you on in the second one Sir Ralph?

Comment

• Monty Python. The civgroup icons are there for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen
                      Nice but I like my evil plan better. At least it's working
                      I was tempted to comment on this, but I'll keep my trap shut.
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Originally posted by OPD
                        talking of exploits are you guys going to be using the catapult switch thing again? I don't want to make a big deal about this, but if you have to, will you do it again rather than lose the units?
                        When GoW first found out that GS has warped units (we wrongly assumed it was GS units when really it was RP units and a "number" of free catapults), I and a few others posted on the forum that we thought it was a blatent use of an exploit. I also posted that since no rules were agreed to at the start of the game, we must accept that what GS did was not cheating, and have to just play on.

GS & RP made no comment as to whether they thought it was right or wrong to do it.

As it turns out, those extra catapults have influenced our decisions in this war. We have been attacked, and we have decided to not attack some positions because of those catapults. The unit warp used by GS/RP has influenced this war, and quite possibly saved RP's ass.

I had to take a few days off to calm down when the original "GoW is using an exploit and it must stop" post was put in the main forum. And we now have had some GS members say that "perhaps" some tactics used by GS have been "questionable".

It's just smacks of double standards that GS/RP will use exploits so freely, but when the potential for an exploit to be used against them appears, they start crying foul.

So I am still of the opinion, that if GoW/ND get the opportunity to use a double shot of catapults then my vote will be yes to do it.

Once RP is eliminated and GS banished from Bob, if Vox/Lego/ND want to make an agreement to ban it as a future exploit then I am happy to agree. (And would prefer it)

And on a lighter note:
                        Congrats to RP & GS for keeping the secret so well hidden from us.

And the funniest thing to come out of this thread ....
                        The two RP horsemen warped back home from GS was RP's invasion force being sent to attack GS
                        And the units GS were able to get to RP's defense by "traditional means" was actually their RP invasion force.
                        Last edited by Hot_Enamel; October 5, 2003, 20:26.
                        "No Comment"

Comment

Monty Python. The civgroup icons are there for a reason.
                          I have your icons on my Ignore List...............

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                            I have your icons on my Ignore List...............
                            I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur King, you and all your silly English k-nnnnnnnniggets!

Comment

• "Does anybody want a peanut?"

(It sorta rhymes with k niget.)

Comment

• I don't need a peanut. I need a coconut, but European swallows can't carry them. Anyone here who has an African swallow?

That said, good night (k-night)

Comment

Working...
                                X