X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort Haus

{Cort Looks up from Galadriel's Mirror}

That comes later, Ghengis.
    If that ever happened if would be after all the chickens and squid have been erradicated from the world
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Actually, one fo the things I liked about legos was that they fall apart. Made for very enjoyable and interesting battles when you can break through a wall or pretend to destroy the wall with a laser.

Also, it made for another competition I had with my friend of trying to build the most indescructable car. Then you take the two cars and launch them into head on collisions. The one with less damage wins.

My friend had some ultimate designs.
      badams

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
        Actually, one fo the things I liked about legos was that they fall apart. Made for very enjoyable and interesting battles when you can break through a wall or pretend to destroy the wall with a laser.

Also, it made for another competition I had with my friend of trying to build the most indescructable car. Then you take the two cars and launch them into head on collisions. The one with less damage wins.

My friend had some ultimate designs.
        A piece here or there falling off is one thing. Something that you can't TOUCH without it falling apart is another thing all together.

Your cars obviously were able to at LEAST make it to each other and crash. YOU WERE ABLE TO PLAY with them. The cars in the Jack Stone set are pretty good too. However, these Star Wars sets, which my son wants for the action figures, really, are designed specifically to recreate a scene from the movies.

Look, I spent my childhood with lego blocks. Now, there weren't cars and things back then, or at least I never had any. JUST blocks. I would make castles or forts for all my toys out of them. Star Wars, GI Joe, you name it I made things from the Lego's. I could PLAY with them though.

Perhaps I can demonstrate here:

Here is the damn product in question.

2 battle droids and obi-wan from Episode I.

Look at the Battle Droids.

The body is made by taking 2x1 squares and placing them together. WHY did they not make these IDENTICAL pieces into a 2x2? It would have made it more stable. These fall apart easily the way it's made.

Where the body joins the legs is a SINGLE peg connection and a SWIVEL with a single Connect point. ALL OTHER SWIVELS ON THIS SET HAVE 3 CONNECTS. Again, how is this truly supposed to have a CHANCE at holding together? You honestly CANNOT pick these up without them breaking. Not without the aid of super glue.

The Count Dukou set was the same with his speeder bike. Little tiny connections making it so fragile you couldn't pick it up.

Bottom line is my son learned a valuable lesson about being ripped off and learning that not everything is as cool as they look on the packaging or in commercials. I had to watch him save money working on chores only to be disappointed with his first purchase. I expected more from Lego and find it sad the direction they are taking the building sets. Give me just the little lego men, keep these Sh*tty sets and building sets thank you. Or start making them serviceable.

And, FYI, he is the one who told me this before I started paying attention.
        Attached Files
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
          BURN THE INFIDEL UNO!!
          I see some similarities between this and the common line of tought in Roleplay, perhaps Lego is being convinced of joining the Allies?
          Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
          Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
          Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Winter

I see some similarities between this and the common line of tought in Roleplay, perhaps Lego is being convinced of joining the Allies?

Oh dear, I may be on the receiving end of harsh language lobbed from across the sea!

Zargon already declared war on me. We will settle that on the Poker table.

I'm speaking here of the TOYS, not the team just in case that isn't abundantly clear by now.

And, the toys SUCK when made into these 'play sets'. You lose a large part of the ability to create ANYTHING like you had with the old normal BLOCKS. Most don't even have good ole regular bricks and can really only be used as designed. THEN top it off by the fact that this design falls to pieces and you have a model, not a toy. A trinket to look at nothing more.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Lego isn't designed for 5 year old kids, thats Duplo, and yes I believe Mega Blocks are better for that. As you get older you want more versatility and Legos are great for the budding future mechanical engineer........

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Winter
                The Grand Alliance has been speaking with Lego, yes. But they have rebuffed our offers to cut themselves a piece of the overbaked Stormplay pie...........

Comment

Burn the infidel!!!!! join th alliance there should be no mockery of the holy lego!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think the concern was over holey lego, not holy lego. But then I am a Voxian, so what do I know about either religion or building.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

What if "Beta" hadn't lost his "hound".............

Comment

rendelnep,

I think it is my place to do the burning around here!

History Guy,
                        Grand Inquisitor with an avatar to match his attitude
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,
                        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

(double post)

Comment

Alright then, We'll dunk him in cyclohexane!!!!! that should cause him to dissolve.... I hope.

Comment

Works on Lego pieces anyway.

Comment

OK, well, we'll consent to letting you burn Ghengis at the stake. We've wanted to do it for a long time in fact but never got around to it.

Heretic! Recant! Recant! Ahahaha!

Bernard Gui
                                Grand Inquisitor
                                Empire growing,
                                Pleasures flowing,
                                Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Working...
                                X