No announcement yet.

What if ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's even exactly the same, just instead of a rabbit our dog hunts a hare.

Comment

What if UnOrthOdOx had joined Lego?

(MegaBloks Dragons: one of the coolest damn set of blocks I've ever seen. My son has most of the set. Yes...we bought them for him No, really, we did! I just play with him as well...allot...

I would have allot of fun making Trappings, I could tell you that )
      Attached Files
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Sacriledge! How dare you compare the infidel Mega Blocks to Lego?!?!?

Comment

What If...

Master Zen had joined Gathering Storm?
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
            What If...

Your manifesto would have looked different, thats for sure. Oh also you couldn't have the avatar of "mouth of Aggie, err i mean sauron."
            Aggie
            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
              What If...

Vox would have been attacked on turn 24.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                What if UnOrthOdOx had joined Lego?

(MegaBloks Dragons: one of the coolest damn set of blocks I've ever seen. My son has most of the set. Yes...we bought them for him No, really, we did! I just play with him as well...allot...
                UnO - would you adopt me please.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                  Sacriledge! How dare you compare the infidel Mega Blocks to Lego?!?!?
                  That was my first thought.

Mega Bloks Sucked royally when I was a kid. My son used his own allowance to buy the first small set of these, and well...

These things ROCK!!!

He has Star Wars Lego and Mega Bloks Dragons. Given a choice between the two I will take Mega Bloks any day!

Lego seems to have been targeting a different audience. It seems that the 'scenes', vehicles, etc are very realistic, they fall to pieces easily and seem to be meant to LOOK at, not PLAY with.

These friggin castles in Mega Blocks are tough as nails! Drop it, a piece might come off, that's it. The figures all have a metal plate inside them so that various things utilize magnets to play around with. Working Catapults, net throwers, and Ballistae just make it a riot!

A new series just came out too, adding orcs to the sets. Looks like I could make a whole Warcraft scene!

UnO - would you adopt me please.
                  Best part of having kids, I tell you!

I have an excuse to PLAY again... You know, a 27 yr old playing with blocks may be strange, but I am just being a good dad and playing with my kids.

Let's just say Santa had some fun setting up the castles on christmas eve last year.
                  Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 22, 2003, 09:46.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

BURN THE INFIDEL UNO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

Vox would have been attacked on turn 24.
                      Probably sooner

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Oh, please. Try to PLAY with something made from legos, or rather try to let your 5 yr old PLAY with it. The Lego figures are better, but that's it. The creation of the vehicles and whatnot SUCK because of so many small peices.

take a look here: this boat would be 1-2 pieces for the hull, therefore the whole thing stays together better.

Lego would have likely made an intriquate network of little pieces needed for the same effect.
                        Attached Files
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

So whats your point you infidel?

Comment

looks like a GoW ship

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                              So whats your point you infidel?
                              Lego building blocks are getting away from being toys to play with and becomming toys to BUILD things and look at. More of a puzzle than a toy. That is my point.

I remember having one HELL of a time finding just a box of LEGOS to begin with. All they sell is sets. And those sets SUCK when you try to play with them because they tend to fall apart. Why do I need 75 pieces to build the little speeder bike for Count Dukou (or however you spell it)? And why the hell are some of those pieces held on by only ONE peg if it is truly meant to PLAY with? It's a puzzle, it's a collectors item, it's not a toy.

At least all the Star Wars ones my son has bought.

He has one 'Jack Stone' set my mom bought him that has been better than the Star Wars ones, but not as good as the Mega Bloks at staying together.

I wish Lego would just sell a bunch of the little GUYS and the weapons for them. I no longer want the rest of the 'set' just the guys, that's all my son is interested in because the things you build from the blocks fall apart.

One in particular comes to mind. A star wars set with the battle driods that can go into a ball in the movies.

My son saved up allowance for 2 months to buy this thing because he wanted the battle droids. They are only slightly bigger than a lego man figure, yet there are 30 pieces to make one of these. In 2 seperate places, the thing is held together by a single pin. Other places for the 'arms' are also held by a single pin which can ROTATE. You can't MOVE these things without it falling apart. It was a rip-off. It was a puzzle, not a toy.

Thank god for super glue.
                              Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 22, 2003, 12:56.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                                What if ND and GoW didn't like each other?
                                The two Bobian warmonger civs at each other's throats.......
                                {Cort Looks up from Galadriel's Mirror}

That comes later, Ghengis.

Comment

Working...
                                X