What if ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a simple one:

What if Lux had a source of horses? In the long run, it is this simple little thing that sealed their downfall.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

If the dog did not stop to take a ****, would he have caught the rabbit?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hätt' der Hund nicht geschissen, hätt' er'n Hasen gekriegt?

Has this saying really an English pendant?

Comment

What if:

When Vox settled on Bob and GoW asked them to leave, Vox has showed an screenshot of the relative placement of this new city with respect to their capital? This would have shown that the new city was not so far from Vox starting point, and maybe convince some other nations to support Vox's claims.
          "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
          "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Nope. Only natural Bob teams on Bob. It wouldn't have mattered how close Vox was...
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

1) What if Vox had pressed the issue and gone to war with GoW?

2) Would GS have sided with Vox?

3) Would Roleplay have honored any agreements to actually SHOW UP and fight for either side?

I think I already know the answer to #3..........

Comment

I think everyone is ignoring an obvious one...

-What if Vox had let Lux survive?
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX

I don't think Lux could have survived. If not Vox, GS or ND would have killed them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX

Wasn't ignoring it. Just hoping no one would bring it up and send me spiralling back down into that pit of guilt-ridden depression ... or something like that.

Actually - it would be interesting. As Lux probably would've ended up where Vox is now, so that if things wnet pretty much as they did after that, Vox would not have had any place to settle, and we would probably be the ones gone from the game.

Unless of course, RP offered up a small chunk of that abundant and resource rich supply of land they have - er - had.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                      Unless of course, RP offered up a small chunk of that abundant and resource rich supply of land they have - er - had.
                      If RP hadn't committed itself to hoarding all that land and resources it would be a far different game.

Another big what if: what if I hadn't been GoW's first leader?

They would have been in a far better position and had lot more units and resources. Probably would have changed the entire power structure of the game for GoW's benefit. I'm willing to admit I screwed a lot of stuff up for my team with bad decisions on my part.

Comment

What if: GoW and ND didn't have their UUs at the same time?
                        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                          What If...

The fictional UnOrthOdOx in Trappings had died in his first battle? Would another UnO take his place?
                          Absolutely not.

I do have one surviving son however...
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

What if anyone got Lego's position, I wonder how they would be doing right now...
                            I would have probably lost interest and quit by now if we had started there.

It was the perfect start for lego, I agree and am glad they had it to give them the opportunity to play their said role at the beginning.

What if I didn't have a stressing RL and had committed to handling all negotiations with GS from the beginning of the game...

What if Lux had accepted GoW's proposal instead of Vox's? That would be interesting...

What if Lux hadn't played scorched earth?

What if Lux had connected the Iron?
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

What if PTW had been so buggy we couldn't play the game?

Remember when the game crashed? What if we hadn't found a way to get around it?

Just think, we get to start all over with Conquests and a whole new army of bugs.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                                Hätt' der Hund nicht geschissen, hätt' er'n Hasen gekriegt?

Has this saying really an English pendant?
                                I'm not sure, Babel Fish doesn't translate it very well. Something about dogs, **** and hares though, so quite likely related.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X