No announcement yet.

Citystates Demogame revamp discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If some lurker would prefer to be a Barbarian I would be willing to be a Citystate leader. I didn't want to be on the Citystate side since the bulk of the DemoGame people hate me (I figured that would make me a good Barbarian) but since there seems to be a shortage of leaders I'd be willing to switch until someone else came along.

Comment

Like I said, GF, I'd be willing to be one of the barbs. I don't know if you were counting me in your original tally or not.
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Re: Citystates Demogame revamp discussions.

Here's what I'm working with currently:

Potential Barbarian Leaders:
        GhengisFarb - the GhengisBarbs
        redstar1 - the northern Builder Barbs
        FrustratedPoet - the Barbarian Bards
        ZargonX - the southern Builder Barbs

Potential Citystate Citizens
        Egypt

UnOrthOdOx - Willing to run as leader

Rome
        Sir Ralph aka Ralphius Ceasar

Greece

Carthage

Generic Citizens
        Octavian X
        Kloreep - the Not Quite So Willing as Sir Ralph to be Leader

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

You wrote a nice long post detailing some good reasons why the Barbs might be far too weak to make this idea viable and then suggested three ways to make the City States much stronger? I'm confused....
          GF wanted the barbs to be a better AI but did not want them to be too powerful since the citystates can not build settlers. I was suggesting alternatives to the tech restriction, not additions to it. I think some of the alternatives would provide less of a handicap to the Barbs than the tech restriciton will.

Comment

We could allow the Barbs to trade techs. The Citystates will start right next to one another and have contact virtually from the beginning of the game so they should easily maintain a tech advantage over the Barbs.

I could also seeing giving the four Citystate Civs the Mapmaking tech from the beginning.

Comment

bump?
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

We could declare it a PBEM instead of a DG and get it already running.

Comment

Yeah, if Octavian X and Kloreep are willing to do so.

Comment

We had a discussion about such a game in the PBEM forum, and CerberusIV and ormuzd (IIRC) expressed their interest. If OctavianX and/or Kloreep deny, perhaps we could ask 1 or 2 of them?

Comment

Sure, sounds great, if they would be leaders there may still be a chance to play this the way we originally intended.

Comment

I posted this idea at the CFC PBEM forum some time ago about this game. A few people expressed interest. I'll contact them as well...
                        Join a Democracy Game today!
                        | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Working...
                        X