No announcement yet.

Citystates Demogame revamp discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citystates Demogame revamp discussions.

In the continuing saga of GhengisFarb's attempts to get this Citystates concept off the ground....

Recap and breakdown:
    To have a PTW Demogame based on 3-4 Citystate Teams that work together and yet strive to one up and dominate the other three. Have the Citystates scheme and plot against one another in the open and in secret and allow participants to be able to freely switch allegiances from one to the another as the game plays out.

Challenges:
    How to provide an adequate opponent for the Citystates.

Idea I had this morning was to have the "Barbarians" played by actual people. We could make Settlers unbuildible by the Citystates but start them out with four each. This would give each Citystate a citystate and three "colonies" and all further settlements would have to be captured from the Barbarians. Each Citystate would be able to build a Forum in the Citystate that acts as a Hospital (size 3) and makes 10 happy faces. Thus the citystates would have larger productive cities and the advantage of knowledge of their sister Citystates while the Barbarians would have the ability to expand and build settlements.

The Citystates would be Democracy teams and we would need voluteers to be the Barbarians.

I was thinking Egypt, Rome, Greece, and Carthage could be the Citystate teams while we have four people play the Barbarians of Mongols, Celts, Scandinavians, and Germans (the German Scientific trait would be replaced with the Religious trait - their barbarians and not upposed to be more civilized than the Citystates).

Any discussion?

Potential Barbarian Leaders:
    GhengisFarb - the GhengisBarbs
    redstar1 - the northern Builder Barbs
    FrustratedPoet - the Barbarian Bards
    ZargonX - the southern Builder Barbs

Potential Citystate Citizens
    Egypt

UnOrthOdOx - Willing to run as leader

Rome
    Sir Ralph aka Ralphius Ceasar

Greece

Carthage

Generic Citizens
    Octavian X
    Kloreep

Potential Rule Restraints:
    1) Citystates play in concert, the four Citystates are allowed to actively discuss one anothers turns in the same forum and are allowed full knowledge of each others maps and what not.

2) The Barbarians are there to provide an outside opponent for the Democracy teams. They are not allowed to share maps outside the game (so they wouldn't have access to one another's maps until Mapmaking). They also have no forums are team they are simply Barbarian Despots.
    Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; July 18, 2003, 09:20.

Interesting.

I volunteer to be a barbarian.

Question: Is trading between the barbarians allowed?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

um... maybe we should start this once this one is done? We're stretched pretty far as it is.
      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

I plan to be a barbarian just to talk smack at all the Demo Teams. My opinion is that the Barbarians should not be allowed to trade techs amongst themselves but could interact with the Citystates.

I also think it would be neat to have a few of the Democracy members choose to be Historians. They would still be active members of the Citystate teams but would each have an exclusive thread where they would post their "History" as the game progressed in their own words. Sort of like Homer and Livy.

And of course the Barbarians can fight one another also. Perhaps the Forum could be available as a city improvement and buildable in all the Citystate cities.
        Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; July 16, 2003, 12:25.

Comment

I also volunteer to take charge of a Barb civ...
          Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

It would appear that everyone is tired of Democracy Games, they all want to be a Barbarian but no one wants to be apart of a Democracy.

Comment

I'ld also run for head of the Religious sect...Egypt?

I honestly thought the Barbarians would be the harder position to fill.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I also volunteer to be a Barb. Yes, two demogames (and lurking in two more) is quite enough for me.
                However, I'd be more than willing to play a Barb civ on my own to get this one off the ground.

If nobody wants to form teams why not have the CityStates played by one person too? If we can come up with some way to balance it out it might make an interesting game.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                  If nobody wants to form teams why not have the CityStates played by one person too? If we can come up with some way to balance it out it might make an interesting game.
                  I fully agree, all we need is four people to play Barbs and four people to play the leaders of the Citystates and new members can take up residence in the Citystates at any time after that.

We do need a private forum for the four Citystates to share so they can discuss and post images without the Barbarians being able to see them.

Comment

I'd go for being on one of the city states teams. Perhaps not a very active role, but I'd still join up...
                    Join a Democracy Game today!
                    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

I think I'm in, as one of the city states. The PBEMs I'm in are getting slow and I need some new entertainment.

Comment

I'd be interested in being one of the barb civs; don't really have time for another team, but a solo-thing I can handle. But, looks like you have your 4 leaders already...
                        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

If I'm asked, if I would run for the leader of a city state, I would agree as long as it's Rome.

Comment

I'll sign on as a citizen.

Comment

LOL Lego infiltrate the Barbarians
                              Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Working...
                              X