Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vox Public Announcement - Peace in Our Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Perhaps because no other nation had to deal with large stacks of immortals in their coreland?
    That might have an impact on one's views toward Vox.

Comment

• MZ, your team wasn't very understanding when Vox tried to settle a town on the unsettled fringe of Bob.
      In fact, the flaming back then is very similar to what we're seeing today.
      I can't blame you for neglecting those events though, they have happened before you have joined.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• SUMMERY OF EVENTS IN THIS THREAD

Please note: this is all in my opinion as a human being who knows many of the people involved and has no relation to being a member of RP team.

Events: This thread was started and has continued to be a flame war between two contesting nations in an attempt by one nation to reach a favarable peace treaty.

The other nation involved in the conflict has indicated that they no longer want the first nation on the same land mass, and that due to the nature of the situation any other peace will prove unacceptable.

Consiquences: Each team has learned much about the ways of diplomicy and warfare. Other teams hopefully are paying attention and can learn as well.

The Lessons: First and formost - EVERYBODY NEEDS TO REMEMBER THAT IT IS A GAME AND IS BEING PLAYED FOR FUN.

Diplomicy is very different when there is no AI involved. Each team must recognize this and account for it. It often takes place outside of In Game options. Miscommunications and misunderstanding become possible, and potentially common.

A teams reputation counts for far more in this version than in the game with the AI. Sure, it might be thousands of years in game, but if they gain the reputation as sneaky, devious, underhanded, and so forth, that will stick with them. However, even if you are sneaky, devious, and underhanded, but never gain a reputation for being so, then things can be oh so good. Also, your reputation with the AI is almost always the same. Whereas, your reputation with other living teams can vary a lot with each team. For example, Vox has a terrable rep with GS right now, but with Lego, Vox is doing pretty good.

Ok. That is all I can think to put into words right now. Perhaps others will add to this as they feel appropraite.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• Thanks, GK.

This is a game, guys--give it a break and have some fun.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• This is what the StormHawk thread is for.
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Perhaps because no other nation had to deal with large stacks of immortals in their coreland?
              Rewind a couple of turns before the war started and we almost did...
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• BTW, Master Zen,

Happy Birthday

[/threadjack][from me ]
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Happy Birthday MZ!
                    Damn, how could I have forgotten your B-Day? I remember reading that your B-Day is on the same day that the new patch for the Invision board comes out, and it has today... sorry...
                    Oh, well
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Is it MZ's Birthday? I didn't know that.

Congratulations Master Zen.

Let's party! I've heard the pubs in The Voice are still excellent and you never know what those GS people will do with it when they conquer it. So perhaps we can party there.

Aidun
                      Last edited by Aidun; June 15, 2003, 17:00.
                      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

• grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                        X