Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vox Public Announcement - Peace in Our Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Arrian.
    Vondrack, if you want to encourage GS to sign peace with Vox, you should have done so via the closed diplomatic channels. But when you post it here, it just looks like you're trying to put public pressure on us to accept peace (if it doesn't look like that to you at first glance, think about it for a while), which is basically what Jon had told us was the reason why Beta started this thread.
    (See? We're not the only terrible diplomats around here )
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• When did this become the Lego - GS Cold War thread? I don't want to see hostilities start because of this (mainly because my civil war torn homeland would me in the middle). Can't we all get along............

-GhengisFarb, Emperor of the Peacemakers, Glory of Peace team.

Comment

• We were promised a picture of the famous warrior Grog. Autographed! You sure understand that we will do anything and everything to get this relic?

Make sure to check and double-check the authenticitystamp ;p
        [/trashtalk]
        -
        quote:
        - this includes Harry and his gang of immortals trapped on the mountains in the SE. As a show of good will - they will move down to tha plains where they will be easy targets. (they are all down to 1 and 2 HP's as it is). Also - they will need to move one worker to allow them to get by.

They told you so in private they were on the brink of dying, however he did try to sell it differently in public.
        -
        Now, everybody, I apologize but I am going to withdraw from this debate now - I can see I am in fact doing more harm than good, irrespective what my intentions are. Probably my fault for bringing this so far, sorry for that. Did not mean to offend, insult, irk, or piss anyone off.

I for one appreciate what you are trying to do here and don't take any of you're comments the wrong way.
        You are pissing me off though !!!
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
          When did this become the Lego - GS Cold War thread? I don't want to see hostilities start because of this (mainly because my civil war torn homeland would me in the middle). Can't we all get along............

-GhengisFarb, Emperor of the Peacemakers, Glory of Peace team.
          Well, who else could it be? GS has already been at war (technically) with GoW, is still at war with Vox, Lux is gone, we already had a RP-GS Cold War thread, and ND just doesn't talk - Lego is the only one left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber
            but I assure you that we've done our thinking over this a thousand times and we are convinced that removing Vox from our continent, one way or another, is in GS's best overall interest - and we act according to our best overall interest and according to the code of behavior that we believe in, much like any other team, including yours.
            Eliminating all other teams and winning the game is in GS's best overall interest, but that doesn't mean the other teams are going to support your efforts to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber

....that he may even hate us for bringing such an overwhelming defeat upon his team ...
              Shiber - this is getting real close to crossing the line.

This is a game. I do not hate GS. As a matter of fact I have the utmost respect for the members of GS, and GS as a team.

I am not sore for us getting our butts kicked. We are playing the game. At the mechanics level. And the one-on-one team negotiations level. And at the public PR level.

And yes - we do better at some levels than others.

So - if this game is going to degenerate into a very personal affair, I for one don't know if I even want to continue.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Beta, if you were the gifted diplomat you claim to be (ok, ok, or everyone is portaying you as), you would know, that it is poor diplomacy to piss off the counterpart you want to negotiate with. And with your past two stunts you managed, that many of those, who still voted to give you peace (under conditions, of course) a week or two ago, are now calling for your head. If this was your intent, I congratulate you for your success.

Comment

• When did this become the Lego - GS Cold War thread?
                  Never. I don't see any such thing. I see a some interesting posts by some members of Lego, and some GS responses, but in no way do they have a "coldwar" feel to them.

Eliminating all other teams and winning the game is in GS's best overall interest, but that doesn't mean the other teams are going to support your efforts to do so.
                  Of course not. But we're not asking for your support in our efforts to defeat Vox. Our posts in this thread have been responses to allegations levelled against us by Beta, and then it evolved into a discussion with some members of other teams regarding their interest in Vox's survival.

I think you may be seeing things.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I already made it perfectly clear that I do not expect anyone other than GS to be thrilled about it in my previous posts. I understand that the elimination of Vox is against the interest of the rest of the world (you would rather see us weakened by a neighbour such as Vox).

This is the problem with such threads. People who haven't been involved from the start or haven't read every post (I assume that GF hasn't, if this is his reply to my quoted post) read later posts that were directed to other people that were assumed to have read anything (because they can't be bothered to read 5 pages full of junk; and believe me, I wouldn't have read past the first page if I wasn't involved in this affair), and they get the wrong idea of what the poster meant to convey.
                    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Vondrack,

I wasn't targetting anyone specifically, just the general tone of this thread. I don't mind having mistakes pointed out that I/my team have made, but constructive criticism and publicly flogging a dead horse are two different things.

While many of the individual statements (and this applies to GS' comments as well), taken on their own would qualify as constructive criticism, it has gone far past that because of the repetitive nature of the points being made.

Part of it also has to do with a fundamental flaw in taking in-game (private game) matters and making them public. It makes things too personal, as these forums are certainly a big part of many of our personal lives. The messages through "in-game" correspondence channels seem much better received on our end, even when the content is mostly the same. I would imagine the same would hold true for most teams.

Comment

• I hereby ask that the members of each team, especially the members of GS and Vox be polite and proper to each other.

No insulting to teams and no personal insulting.

You have to realize that this is a game and if you can't have the respect for another team or for another person, you shouldn't play.

Please, what is happening now is not like what this game was meant to be.

Aidun
                        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                          Beta, if you were the gifted diplomat you claim to be (ok, ok, or everyone is portaying you as), you would know, that it is poor diplomacy to piss off the counterpart you want to negotiate with. And with your past two stunts you managed, that many of those, who still voted to give you peace (under conditions, of course) a week or two ago, are now calling for your head. If this was your intent, I congratulate you for your success.
                          No one claimed I was a great diplomat. And I certainly never did. I believe the earlier reference was probably targeted more to my public statements.

* edited as per the post a few down.
                          Last edited by Beta; June 14, 2003, 19:12.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• If other teams would simply say, "We would rather GS not eliminate Vox from your continent because doing so would place you in a stronger position relative to us," I could respect the honesty in that. (And at least one or two people have in fact said something essentially along those lines.) What bothers me (and, I think, most others in Gathering Storm) are the efforts to cloak such self-interest in a mantle of nobility, as if your desires were somehow high-minded and noble while we are somehow doing wrong to do what is in our interest. Keep saying it enough and there's a risk you might actually start believing your own propaganda, which would not exactly work in our favor. And the fact that Vox started this war with a level of treachery an order of magnitude beyond that involved in Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor makes the public support they are getting now that the consequences of their actions are coming home to roost all the more offensive to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                              No one claimed I was a great diplomat. And I certainly never did. I believe the earlier reference was probably targeted more to my public statements.

As to my diplomatic abilities - frankly - you have no idea. But thank you for your sarcastic compliment. I expected nothing less from you.
                              You are indeed a gifted diplomat. I've just agreed in a chat, that I will support a plan for peace, and you succeeded to reconvince me in a moment.

Comment

• Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor
                                The analogy is failed. Your goals are, without reading the thread (I still haven't gotten that summary yet ) to conquer Vox or shoo them off. The United States didn't conquer Japan. It forced unconditional surrender. Vox is asking for the chance to unconditionally surrender. That would be analagous.

-/personal opinion-

EDIT: Please excuse if during the thread something happened like GS signed peace with Vox, or Vox pulled a Lux, or everyone nuked everyone, or some other thing that renders my post moot. (In other words hurry up on that summary )
                                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                                X