Game Reconstruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Reconstruction

I'm in the process of making the PTW DG into a scenario, which can be loaded and made into a PBEM game, which I can edit with Gramphos' C3MT to bring it back to 99.9% accuracy. I may actually be able to replicate it 100%, but I'm not sure. Some things (like Worker actions or units loaded in ships, for example) may not be able to be salvaged, but everything else can be done, including shield # for cities.

This is in case Firaxis is unable to salvage the game. I should be done with it in ~3 days.

Whoo! Go Trip! Let's give him a big round of applause!
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Trip - wow. That is all I can say.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

And while you are at it - please remove those two evil GS wonders that got us into this in the first place (and maybe take feudalism from them too...)
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

A few issues which I know will come up:

Score will be completely reset. This may not be a big problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

All terrain will be "refreshed", so teams will be able to see "new" tile improvements.

I'm positive that there's nothing I can do about these two issues, so I thought I'd let everyone know about them. There may be more problems, but I can't confirm anything else yet.

Comment

Wow, this will obviously take a lot of work.

Comment

Let me know if you need any help...

Comment

How do you account for the GA's though? Will those turns be reset aswell?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

is it possible to preserve World Maps? Or would we just see the land that we posess?

Also, I doubt we can preserve partial research, but who knows ... maybe this advanced editor has that power.

--Togas
                  Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                  Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                  Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                  Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    Wow, this will obviously take a lot of work.
                    I'm already done with GS, ND and GOW.

Comment

Originally posted by alva

How do you account for the GA's though? Will those turns be reset aswell?
                      GA's will be in effect also with correct turns remaining.

Comment

just for the record, GoW had 30 horsemen, 76 swordsmen and 3 GLs

I know the team members will kill me for announcing this in public, but this way if trip forgets to recreate these units that was in there, we have a proof...
                        :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Togas
                          is it possible to preserve World Maps? Or would we just see the land that we posess?
                          World Maps will be correct, but like I mentioned, they will end up being "refreshed," so if GOW wandered by a RP city which had 1 road next to it 50 turns ago, but the city now has 2 mines and 3 roads, they would now be able to see the new improvements.

Also, I doubt we can preserve partial research, but who knows ... maybe this advanced editor has that power.
                          Research will be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
                            just for the record, GoW had 30 horsemen, 76 swordsmen and 3 GLs

I know the team members will kill me for announcing this in public, but this way if trip forgets to recreate these units that was in there, we have a proof...
                            I'll make sure to deduct the appropriate 109 GPT from your treasury for the last 20 turns then...

You must have hacked the game, it's not possible to have more than 1 GL at a time...

Comment

As long as you put the units where they were "originally", I'm sure my teammates wont mind the -109 GPT penalty.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X