Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ3....no Starcraft...ummm...Empire earth...!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3....no Starcraft...ummm...Empire earth...!!!!!!!!

I was just reading the post ''Petition for Ingrams'' and it got me thinking....CivIII is a great game, but not my personnal best...I think....I just love strategy games and have lots of them...Which one IS my personnal best? I dont know!! I like tcontrolling territories and expanding but I also like detailed combat like in Empire earth where missions can last hours and hours while burning your brain cuz you think to much. So I thought I`d make a poll to see what you people think.
    Between the following, which is your best game ever, and why?

Personnaly I think its Starcraft....or Empire Earth....no....Starcraft..mmmmmm....Empire ear.....ugh....!!!!!!!

Spec.
    Civ2 or 3
    52.53%
    Empire Earth
    1.01%
    Starcraft
    5.05%
    Warcraft 2 or 3
    2.02%
    Call to power
    5.05%
    StrongHold
    2.02%
    Alpha Century
    21.21%
    Other STRATEGY game
    11.11%
    Last edited by Spec; March 4, 2003, 09:50.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If you consider X-Com: Apocalypse to be strategy, then there you go. If not, I can STILL spend hours playing Masters of Magic. Honestly, though, I have an "elite tier" of games that I can still always go back to:

Masters of Magic
    MoO2 (I can't go back to MoO 1 after MoO 2, too clunky.)
    X-Com (Anything but Interceptor.... that could've been so much more than it was.)
    Civ 2, Civ 3.

Honorable mentions:
    Pax Imperia: for city-building screens. Seeing your cities grow literally from the ground up and the workers buzzing around was spiff! Horrid replay potential, and the worst diplomacy ever in a game.
    Ascendancy: for best races/environmental music of races- MoO could take lessons from these guys. Balance issues were terrible though.

Notably left out: "X"-craft. These were fun, but after I played em through I was done. "Speed clicky" to win was never really my thing. Sim"whatever"... they're okay, but I guess not having clear goals sometimes bugged me. SimAnt was kinda spiffy way back in the day though.
    Friedrich Psitalon
    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
    Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Add the Command and Conquer series!!!

I always think Command And Conquer was really more strategic than Warcraft. You have so many option to do, fulling a APV of Engineer and destoy her base, while you attack somewhere else his base with some tanks... I never really like the speed click in the Warcraft series, even if I know Command & Conquer can be this type of game, but you can win if you play with brain.

Warcraft is a really good games... And Warcraft3 is one the best game i've ever played, but Overall Civilization is better than Warcraft... I know in 10 ten years I will play Civilization but maybe not Warcraft.
      Starcraft was good, but not better than Warcraft(The storyline in Warcraft3 is so addictive).

And I forget something... SimCity is one of the few game that I know in ten years I will be playing again...

So, bonne journée!
      bleh

Comment

Dude!! J'ai Oublie Command and Conquer!!! S'cuse!!

Anyway, I think that Starcraft is way better than Warcraft, Empire Earth A LOT better than C&C. To many options in EMPIRE EARTH. but Starcraft still comes first.

Spec.

Ciao la.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

You misspelled Alpha Centauri.
          Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

FNBrown... You never played the original Alpha Century??? It was good, travelled in time, place a old market in 100ad, find julius ceaser and kill him to modify the future and going to the future to see what your world is becoming... oh yeah I loved this games..

Alpha Century, it was good times....
            bleh

Comment

LOL I voted for Alpha CentAury
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                FNBrown... You never played the original Alpha Century??? It was good, travelled in time, place a old market in 100ad, find julius ceaser and kill him to modify the future and going to the future to see what your world is becoming... oh yeah I loved this games..

Alpha Century, it was good times....
                Just assuming your joking....I also voted Alpha Centauri...Although it's close between SMAC and C&C.
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Tough call between Civ2 and Alpha Centauri - I went AC because the potential alone there is just amazing I am a terrain freak, so although this game looked ugly, it had the best options available. Still play it from time to time...
                  Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                  Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                  I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Alpha Centauri, here.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

What sort of infidels consider real time click skill tests to be strategy? Ban them!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

no i was kidding about Alpha CentUry...

Some of my friends said to me that Alpha Centaury was better than the civ series...
                        bleh

Comment

Alpha Centauri IS much better than any civ game
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

datajack:

So I wish there will be a Alpha Centaury 2.

I will play real soon to Alpha Centaury, so many people told me that's better than Civ!

And for CTP, is it better than Civ and Alpha Centaury?
                            bleh

Comment

CTP? Bleahhh...

Where is MOO, Caesar3, X-COM or AoK btw?
                              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X