Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ok to apply the patch and continue on with PBEM games that are in progress?

Or should we finish the games up before patching and then start fresh games afterwards?

Comment

@ villain:

Tough one, it should be ok, but then again.
      IMHO you will be ok as long as there is no AI involved...
      -
      Does this mean we will be able to see our battles in internet-MP games
      Couldn't you see them before?
      (havn't done many MP games up to now, does it show? )
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hey, the PBEM difficulty bug hasn't been fixed !!!
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          Couldn't you see them before?
          (havn't done many MP games up to now, does it show? )
          Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Very annoying.

Dominae
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I'm european. Can somebody who has / know where to get something so I'll have a nice weekend contact me?

that would be great
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Cyber: sorry, it seems Eurogrammes is slower than its American counterpart. Unless, of course, by good weekend you AREN'T referring to Civ

Unless, of course, you're a European with an American copy of Ptw?
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

No, I need something for european PTW games.
                It's something that Ming would delete if I would write it down, you see.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

If only some people from a PBEM game install the patch and others not, will the game continue functioning?
                  "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

* Fixed bug (Single player and MP) where you could select a unit in an army and unload him (move him out).
                    * Fixed an infinite production exploit with PBEM games.
                    * Fixed the military advisor speed.
                    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                    --Woody Allen

Comment

@ cyber : too soon, although IIRC 1.29 was availlable within 24 hours.

Tiberius, I've been thinking the same thing, I guess you should, That's how it workds with other games.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

All? No, nothing can remove lag due to high ping. It takes a while for the messages to travel. Having said that, it speeds it up a lot.

In addition (and maybe more important), it gets rid of almost all Out Of Sync errors. I haven't seen one in weeks.
                        Hmmm.... within the first hour of installing the latest patch I had more OOS errors than with the previous... not to mention that the saved games worked fine, but any new game was doomed to the OOS abyss...

So the fix... uninstall 1.21... the best fix... boycott Firaxis

Comment

Azail=Coracle ?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            Azail=Coracle ?
                            No

Comment

OSS errors?!?

Comment

OOS, out of synch errors.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X