Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's hoping for a second XP with better scenario controls.

Comment

• Has anyone come closer to obtaining the release date of the european patch for PTW? Seems like it's taking an awful lot of time to get it out. Any reply with meaningful content would be greatly appretiated!

Comment

• There's a spanish and a german patch for civ3tw coming.
        What about an english patch?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          There's a spanish and a german patch for civ3tw coming.
          What about an english patch?
          You know, sometimes an accidental smilie is just so appropriate.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WarpStorm
              I don't know where you've been reading good things about MOO3, but it's a fiasco IMHO.
              Hehe really? Well I'll keep that in mind then. I really wanted to try MOO3, but to be honest I want to keep playing Civ3 with crashes. I love this game, don't get me wrong. It's just I'm so frustrated with this bug, ARGH. I'm a simple man with simple needs, all I want is this one bug fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by vmxa1

I am not a Moo3 basher, but it does have some issues. The battles are fun.
                I would suggest Moo2 or even Moo1 for your first run.
                At least look at some of the mods that do make many thing easier to take.

Is your game crashing at the same point all the time? Is it a modded map? If it is at the same point, post it and I will run a turn to see if it get past it for you.
                OK lemme upload the zip with the save in it (it's like 900k, so I don't know how to attach it to this reply). The game is completely unmodded, as is the map (Huge world, 16 Civs). I think you just need to complete two unit turns, then wait until you reach 1992. Try to save the game in 1992 and the game crashes.

The crash is definitely tied to the use of nukes. I haven't used nukes, but Germany nuked me, then the rest of the world except the Carthaginians nuked Germany back to the Stone Age. Right before you take your turn in 1992, Carthage launches a nuke offensive against the Germans, which is what triggers the crash.

EDIT: OK I uploaded it, here's the shortcut.

Last edited by Traelin; March 30, 2003, 22:14.

Comment

• I got a dataio error on bic trying to load it. Did you start this from scratch? Is it a scenario you got some place?
                  I have at times had issues with some save games, but I have DL quite a few Civ3 and PTW ones. I have not applied the last patch, I am still on 1.14.

Comment

• Originally posted by vmxa1
                    I got a dataio error on bic trying to load it. Did you start this from scratch? Is it a scenario you got some place?
                    I have at times had issues with some save games, but I have DL quite a few Civ3 and PTW ones. I have not applied the last patch, I am still on 1.14.
                    Yep, I started it from scratch with an unmodded game. It's not a scenario. I forgot to mention that I'm using 1.21f, which is probably why you got the dataio error. But thanks for trying!

Comment

Working...
                    X