Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuclear threat

why do nation not fear nukes...

if i conduct a "test" on neutral territerry wil that scare them or am i wasting a nuke?

I was wondering the same thing. Give it a try. You can always reload if everyone gets ticked at you.

BigD
    Last edited by BigDork; January 5, 2003, 22:16.
    Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

If you do that, please post here how other civ react!
      bleh

Comment

I've done that before, and it doesn't matter where you launch it. it won't stop other civs from getting ticked at you, so don't do it
        My Future Age-Snoopy's Terrain Mod
        My Future Age-European Terrain Mod
        My Future Age-Winter Terrain Mod
        All scenarios are from their respective terrains now allowing 24 civs and starting in the Future Age. Get them now for a great game!

Comment

I nuked the water and no one cared.
          Of coarse, none had any ships nearby

Comment

Give me that tech/resource/luxury/city or I´ll nuke your capital... Very peaceful...

Talking about nukes, it would be very nice to have M.A.D., Mutual Assured Destruction, in Civ3 - predefined targets for nukes, which would automaticaly launch in case of a nuclear strike.

Also, it would be very nice to evaporate an isthmus between us and an enemy continent. Think! Terraforming nukes! (Oh, like if they aren´t already... )
            :::::::::::::
            Craftsman
            :::::::::::::

Comment

Talking about nukes, it would be very nice to have M.A.D., Mutual Assured Destruction, in Civ3 - predefined targets for nukes, which would automaticaly launch in case of a nuclear strike.
              we don't need this. Your nukes can not be destroyed by another civs nukes. This simulates M.A.D
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

one of my frends said that he once launched a ICBM to one of his own cities.. and no one seemd to caree... wich is quite logical... at least when it comes to other civs, dunno about own peaple =P

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                  Also, it would be very nice to evaporate an isthmus between us and an enemy continent. Think! Terraforming nukes! (Oh, like if they aren´t already... )
                  This was actually proposed by American engineers in the 1950s to "construct" a second "Panama" canal.

-Oz
                  ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Re: nuclear threat

Originally posted by mazzz
                    why do nation not fear nukes...

if i conduct a "test" on neutral territerry wil that scare them or am i wasting a nuke?
                    hi ,

in several games civ one build a nuke after civ two has build one , in other words they seem to take in account nuclear weapons , .....

and a civ that has gotten a nuke on its territory is less keen on attacking you again , because that civ knows you shall use them nukes , ....

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

In SMAC you could use planet busters to make a "Panama Canal".

...well, closer to a "Panama Lake", but you get my drift...
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Further proof that SMAC was Sid Meier's deepest game, though Civ 2 is and forever will be the game for me

Comment

Hey,

It is true, in regards to the MAD idea, that the enemy can't destroy your nukes in a nuclear attack. However, the essence of MAD is that you will retaliate automatically, almost without regards to the consequences. So I think a MAD concept, where every ICBM you have is pre targeted would be cool, as there could be no "turning back" when someone nukes you.

On the same lines, I wanted to make it so that my long range bombers could attack and destroy nukes (my game has the B-1 added, not sure who made it but a great unit, and I use it as a long range bomber with lethal air/land flaged) in the event of a nuclear war. That was the reason the Soviets had mobile launchers, prevent this. Anyways, wanted to know if you could add hit points to ICBM so they could be killed and still have them remain functional. Also, when you do a precision strike into a city, can you only pick buildings or can you also hit the units?
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                          X