Patch confusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch confusion!

Hi all, I`ve noticed some confusing things about PTW to do with the patch. Is the 1.14f patch needed by everyone? Poeple keep asking for peeps running this version only to join their games, @ Civ3.com they say this patch is only for the American version and not for the European one.
    Anyway, what the score with the patches... Plz... thnx alot Bigtool

You can get the English-language European patch from http://www.infogrames.de/productpage.php?productID=218#. I'm surprised http://www.infogrames.co.uk hasn't got it.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I found the patch at infogrames.com. I think it should be made clear where these patches can be got from. It is most confusing and Civ3.com should really sort it out. I went there first fro info and could findout nothing. thnx for the help Zulu..... lets hope they can make this thing work better. poeple are goingto be put of by this bad support.....

Comment

Geeze, the whole community is peices. Most games don`t work due to patch conflitcs. There are ways of makeing this work. I think it may be a question of weather they want to fix these issues at all. Why did they release a game that worked so poorly???

Comment

Originally posted by BigToolV8
          Why did they release a game that worked so poorly???
          Trust me... THAT question has been beat to death around here.
          Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

How do I know what kind of civ3 I own? I bought it in Europe so it's supposed to be european, right?
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

You can do so, yes. As long as your version wasn't bought from a web shop with its warehouse in the US, or your version is localized, I don't think you'll get any problems using the European patch!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There is however, an English-language and a German-language patch European patch available. Make sure you get the correct one!
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I have the English language, but I'm in Europe.
                  When I install the patch I'm being denied when I start the game.
                  My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

And you did download the right patch? UK version and UK patch? I can't see what's wrong then...
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

So... the right patch for the european english version is located where???

Why was it necessary to make the european version different from the US version? Why bother to make it more difficult to make patches for the european version.... ?? I just don't understand these people sometimes...

And if there is a european patch out there, why isn't it on civ3.com?? can someone alert those guys??

happy holidays everyone.....

Comment

Originally posted by arsvendg
                        So... the right patch for the european english version is located where???
                        You can get it at civ3.de, under the pathes section and Euro-English part of that page.

Why was it necessary to make the european version different from the US version? Why bother to make it more difficult to make patches for the european version.... ?? I just don't understand these people sometimes...
                        That is a question as old as the patches themselves, I suppose... It's just like that.

And if there is a european patch out there, why isn't it on civ3.com?? can someone alert those guys??
                        Good question. I've wondered on that too... I do think that they've been alerted already, several times.

Comment

This is a mess! Firaxis

Merry Christmas btw!
                          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

LOL! Well, that was a post with maximum difference between first and second line!

Oh, and merry Christmas to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                              This is a mess! Firaxis
                              This is a mess, but Firaxis had nothing to do with it.

They didn't even know that Infogrames had released a European version with a different copy protection scheme until the complaints came in. Infogrames is in charge of copy protection and distribution and apparently never told them that they changed the CP scheme.

In addition, civ3.com is run by Infogrames, not Firaxis. Telling Firaxis that it is out of date won't do much good.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X