What the heck! U.N.!??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aahz_capone
    Ok, Ok, you guys definately just want to see Joan beat me don't you? You're all sick!

(me too)...

But Ming would kill me if I posted THAT debaucherry here!
    Hmm... I'm now seeing visions of Joan of Arc in some skimpy leather dominatrix bustier and matching thigh-high boots sporting a dog collar and a riding crop...
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

That would be very realistic, except, um.... why the HELL would I want to build THAT!?
      Don't worry about him, he's American, they're somewhat hostile to the UN these days. They're forgetting the good things that the UN does.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
        Until the UN behaves like the SMAC planetary council, I will never build it again.

Koffi Annan is from Ghana, but yeah, most Apolytoners agree with you.
        Yeah the UN is a big waste of time in Civ3. You might as well throw the shields away building Marines the rest of the game than build it, that's how worthless it is. I disable Diplo every time I start a new game.

If it was even remotely like the SMAC PC I'd consider building it.

Comment

There are multiple ways to win in Civ3. There is also a way to win or LOSE: the UN.

I lost to it once (only). I have also won with it 2 or more times. I don't remember how many, it's been so long ago. It DOES seem to be a little more reliable to just CONQUER your way to victory!

Build It! But use it at your own risk.

Comment

I don't think there is ONE person in apolyton who actually LIKES the way the UN works in civ3 (as compared to SMAC or whatever other game you like). It's a cop out and I DARE ANYONE reading this thread to say the actually LIKE it.
            Like it? I it!!!

99% of the time the game has already been decided by this point. The early out lets you win and get on to the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky

Like it? I it!!!

99% of the time the game has already been decided by this point. The early out lets you win and get on to the next game.
              Either that, or certain victory is ripped from your grasp when you lose the vote.

You're better off building the spaceship to finish the game off at that point.
              Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Like the AI the human player should always know who will win the vote. Therefore certain victory should never be lost due to Diplomacy.

Comment

like in human MP a human would vote for someone else in the UN, yeah right.

Comment

As annoying as it is, I still think that Civ3 needs a GreatWonder-based victory....it has warfare, infrastructure (domination), city improvements (spaceship), and culture. It also has the MP victories.....without SOME sort of UN, there is no Wonder-based victory. IT just wouldn't feel.....complete.
                    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown

Hmm... I'm now seeing visions of Joan of Arc in some skimpy leather dominatrix bustier and matching thigh-high boots sporting a dog collar and a riding crop...
                      Ah, so you've seen GhengisFarb's leaderheads and website?

Oz
                      ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch
                        As annoying as it is, I still think that Civ3 needs a GreatWonder-based victory....it has warfare, infrastructure (domination), city improvements (spaceship), and culture. It also has the MP victories.....without SOME sort of UN, there is no Wonder-based victory. IT just wouldn't feel.....complete.
                        Well that's fine, but it shouldn't be the UN in its current implementation. IMO the UN was a rush job. The UN should be used for global treaties and what-not.

Comment

I don't think there is ONE person in apolyton who actually LIKES the way the UN works in civ3 (as compared to SMAC or whatever other game you like). It's a cop out and I DARE ANYONE reading this thread to say the actually LIKE it.
                          I'd have agreed completely until a couple of weeks ago. I started figuring out how diplomacy works, though, and my last 3 wins have been diplomatic. I think the UN would be more popular if there was a big, flashy victory celebration with fireworks and such. A pop-up of the election results is a pretty big letdown after 30 or 40 hours in front of the computer.

As far as you and Joan, anything a consenting adult and a consenting animation want to do is fine with me.
                          "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias

Ah, so you've seen GhengisFarb's leaderheads and website?

Oz
                            Actually, I have... although I don't really care for his taste in obnoxiously over-endowed women.

Comment

Working...
                            X