Is PTW worth me getting for SP only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarpStorm
    There are only a few of these that I'm aware of. The Nukes automatically causing war and the contact trading bugs.

Nearly all of the other bug fixes were bugs in PTW itself.
    What contact trading bug?

Comment

Ever wonder how contact gets spread so fast in Civ3? Well, it was a bug.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Ok, fair enough, but neither of those sound to me like terribly significant bugs. Most games lounge around with minor bugs after release that are never patched or fixed. Now, I agree, Firaxis should fix bugs in patches... but the bugs still present don't seem to have reached the point where those who want to enjoy the game have to buy PTW to do so. So, I'm not seeing a big copout on the part of Firaxis.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
          Ok, fair enough, but neither of those sound to me like terribly significant bugs. Most games lounge around with minor bugs after release that are never patched or fixed. Now, I agree, Firaxis should fix bugs in patches... but the bugs still present don't seem to have reached the point where those who want to enjoy the game have to buy PTW to do so. So, I'm not seeing a big copout on the part of Firaxis.
          Oh I agree with you. I mean we can only expect them to patch so many bugs for free. I remember a particular bug in Civ that, IIRC, never got patched. Every time you'd scroll up to the top of the map by a certain point in the game, you'd get this nasty "snow" (like TV snow) that covered the entire map. The remaining glitches in Civ 3 are IMO hardly as bad as this.

Comment

Working...
          X